Outlook, Not Cool

Dawter
Dawter Posts: 21 Contributor
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

Is there an Android email app that will work better than this Outlook app?

I was trying different 3rd part email clients and none of them would work correctly. They wouldn't allow me to send an email unless I was home hooked to my personal wi-fi.

I called Spectrum and the young lady told me to use Outlook as Spectrum has a partnership with them.

Outlook sends and receives emails wonderfully but doesn't allow me to mark any emails as spam. I have to move them to the spam folder and there they sit until I delete them.

When I mark an email as spam and try to report it, the app says I have insufficient permissions and won't allow me to mark anything as spam. I'm now getting a LOT of spam which keeps coming and coming.

On the Spectrum webmail it moves spam to the spam folder. But the Outlook app does not.

I'd appreciate some help with this. Thank you. ☺️

Best Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @Dawter

Thank you for reaching out to us about email client options. Options like Outlook will work with our system but we are not able to change the functionality for those options. Our webmail option will allow you to manage spam and you should be able to send/receive the emails. The options for email client will vary depending on the device you are using. You may want to reach out to the manufacture of the phone to determine which option they recommend. I have provided the instructions to setting up the email client you pick. -Lyn

• Dawter
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your help.

I did send Outlook a message concerning no spam folder.

They said it's a Bug and they know about it. 😞

Answers

• Dawter

Not having to go to webmail is my whole point. Webmail on my Android phone is so tiny I can't do anything there. The manufacturer of my phone said it's an internet provider problem.

Spectrum Rep told me to use Outlook...Why? It doesn't work as it should.

I know how to set up email clients. I've been doing it for years trying to find an app that works with Spectrum.

Thank you for your time.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 694 Contributor

I think many of the Outlook app’s features are mainly if not entirely for Microsoft email products and services like Exchange and outlook.com et c. Otherwise i think you can alternatively effectively mark anything you want as spam by simply moving it to the de facto spam folder you find via IMAP in Outlook or any email app you want.

This discussion has been closed.