Spectrum TV with AT&T Fiber Internet

Deepan
Deepan Posts: 3 Spectator

Hi everyone. I just signed up for Spectrum TV only. No internet. I have AT&T fiber for internet, but chose to go with Spectrum for TV. I have a Spectrum cable box coming to my house in a few days, but I want to watch on my Apple TV 4K for now. Whenever I login it says I’m not connected to my in home network and I can not access many of the channels due to this reason. I don’t have spectrum internet and I am connected to my AT&T in home Wi-Fi. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks

Best Answer

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Good afternoon @Deepan

The streaming service does have to go through our modem and will not interact with the cable tv box. For streaming, the modem grabs the same entitlements (channels you are subscribed) to load up in the app but it does so differently, and independently of the cable box.

And when I say modem, I mean the gateway device. Your fiber modem wouldn't be able to grab the full tv streaming entitlements so you might be able to watch it but some of your channels would be grey out because the app will think you are out of home.

Hope that helps.

Randy

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Deepan

Welcome to our community! In order to use our app in home and have access to the full lineup of channels without our internet, you would need to have a gateway device installed. It would basically be a modem that is set for the app access only, but would allow the app to recognize that you are at home so that it would display the full lineup. If you call in to 855-707-7328 our agents would be able to get that install set up for you.

• Deepan

Thank you for the info. Would I still be able to access all of my channels via the Spectrum cable box once it arrives without the gateway? Thanks

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,076 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Yes. You will be able to watch all channels you subscribe to with just the cable receiver, no gateway needed.

• Deepan

Thank you. One last question. I called spectrum customer service today and informed them of my situation. The rep on the phone told me that since I am going to be receiving, and activating a Spectum cable box I won’t need to add an additional gateway to stream on my Apple TV because it will somehow know I am in my home network because of my Spectum cable box. I don’t know if this is accurate information and just want to confirm if this is true? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.