Brother MFC 9970 printer

DAJ
DAJ Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I have a Brother MFC 9970 printer that I have tried to connect to my network. The Spectrum App shows it as disconnected. The printer does not see the my Spectrum Router. It sees all of the neighbors networks but not my Spectrum network. How do I get it to connect? I also have a garage door opener with the same problem Any assistance is appreciated.

Best Answer

• DAJ
    DAJ Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓

It is actually something much more simple. In advanced settings, I had to turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). Once I did that, these devices were able to see my Spectrum network.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 391 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @DAJ and Welcome to our Community Forums:

Thank you for reaching out to us about setting up your wireless printer. I am sorry you have encountered a concern with setting this up. I recommend that you attempt to reset all of the internet equipment. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes. Are you able to try this and let us know if this helps out? -Lyn

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 694 Contributor

It's not going to discover the AP's SSID if it's already connected to it via 802.11g. TCP/IP is another thing and it sounds like that's what's starting to crap out on the old hulk.

This discussion has been closed.