Unable to cancel my DVR's scheduled 1923 series.

AntDude
AntDude Posts: 149 Contributor
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

A few weeks ago, regular Paramount channel showed a full E2 for 1923 so I told the old Arris DCX3510M DVR (ODN software) to record it as a series. I thought Paramount would show the rest, but nope since it was a free preview with lots of commercials.

Anyways, I watched and deleted the episode, but that series stayed on as shown in my https://i.dslr.net/syms/758ee54c3f4435f1157e8c16eba21771.jpg screen capture. I get no option to remove this series like the other series. https://watch.spectrum.net/rdvr/priority also shows this 1923 series too. Obviously, its web interface doesn't and never offer delete option for any series. Is this a bug or something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @AntDude!

Are you on the "scheduled" tab there? Will you please go to the manage tab, select series manager, and see if you can select the show and then cancel series? Have you tried rebooting the DVR?

• AntDude

Yep, tried all those. :(

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited January 2023

Hi Ant,

I wonder if this is a database error with ODN? You know, similar to Hallmark Drama Channel not showing any program information or cover art in the search listings? (The only channel on the ODN guide with this bug.) Could the "free preview" have somehow confused the database algorithm? Where on ODN, the software "thinks" there might be more episode available? But like you said, it was a free preview from Paramount, so the database does not know what to do with the series?

Have you watched the 1923 shows and deleted those? If you have, the good news is that it won't take up any more space on the DVR.

There is a provision for ODN, and maybe for Spectrum Guide as well, that if no new series of a show are released for a year, the database auto-deletes the old series. I like ODN's Series Manager, and have had no issues with it. I have the rare Cisco 9865 box (six tuners.) I wish that Spectrum still made those!

Satch

• AntDude

Satch: I only recorded one (episode #2) of 1923 since I already saw episode #1 on YouTube for free, and wanted to see more without subscribing to Paramount+. Paramount's cable channel already aired episode #1 on its cable channel so I missed it. According to DVR's recording logs, episode #2 was deleted on 1/1/2023 at 9:04 PM PST.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@AntDude I'm sorry to hear that the reboot didn't help. Can you send a screenshot of what you see in your Series Manager tab as well as the options that it gives?

• AntDude

Jaleesa_F: https://i.dslr.net/syms/2d74f3ef186f69e37ec9e1cdfe1c77a5.jpg for the second screen capture after my first one in my original post. As you can see in my Series Manager's list, only cancel to go back to Manage.

• Jaleesa_F

Thank you. Per the DVR diagnostics, the cable box was last rebooted days ago. Can you unplug the power for 30 seconds then plug it back in please?

• AntDude
    edited January 2023

Jaleesa_F: A power cycle didn't fix it. :(

• Jaleesa_F

Good morning,

I'm sorry that didn't help. I'd like to get a technician out to further investigate this issue. I will message you directly to get that scheduled.

• Satch

@AntDude,

With all due respect to @Jaleesa_F, I am not sure a tech is going to help here. I think this is a database flaw with the software. If your ODN box is working well, I would advise against swapping it out. You will probably get Spectrum Guide on a swapped box. Do you want a service call for something that is so minor and may not be able to be fixed?

Satch

• AntDude
    edited January 2023

Satch, I agree. It's a minor issue. I put 1923 at the bottom of my series manager's list. It's not worth having a tech over and swapping the old DVR. I also don't want to lose my recordings (e.g., all of Yellowstone that I haven't started) since they can't be migrated to the new DVR! I will swap it when it breaks/dies. I am sure Spectrum's tech team can figure it out remotely like previous issues (closed captionings), etc.

• Satch

My view is that there are only three reasons to swap a DVR box:

1.) Box won't stop rebooting itself

2.) Box makes a "clicking" or ratting sound that does not go away. (Beginning to show hard drive failure.)

3.) Signal levels are good to great, lines have been updated and your box is still missing recordings. But remember, box swaps won't do anything to solve bad signals or line wiring. A tech has to update your cable wiring and lines..

Satch

This discussion has been closed.