Blurry Picture on Samsung TV

BikerMike
BikerMike Posts: 5 Spectator
I have had problem with my Samsung Tv the Nano Q Led since 12/15/2022 with the picture turning blurry when using Spectrum TV app. Have had this tv hooked up since my have had no problems with app on wifi since problem tried LAN and it was clear for a bit but after about 1 hour it went blurry again.. Yet I can run other apps and picture is crystal clear. I have uninstalled app runs clear for a while than when it goes to commercial and comes back picture is blurry. even had spectrum tech to house all speed and units are working fine.

Comments

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @BikerMike

Welcome to our community! I split off your comment to it's own discussion to make it easier for our community members to help. I used your forum information to look at the account and the modem itself looks good, but the app itself is showing quite a few buffering issues. Since you are using your own router, we don't have access to the settings to see if there's potentially a settings issue or a pending firmware update. Do you have another device such as a smart phone that you can test the app on to see if the blurry picture is limited to the TV?

• EngineerCasey
    EngineerCasey Posts: 8 Spectator

I have had the exact same problem with my new Samsung Smart TV. The Samsung TV app worked perfectly until around the same time as BikerMike, mid-December. Then the picture started turning blurry. Spectrum rebooted my spectrum devices then sent a technician out to check wiring and connections. Everything was working fine and he confirmed that it was only the Spectrum TV app that was blurry, all other apps provided a crystal clear picture. The technician suggested calling Spectrum and talk to someone who could troubleshoot the app as that was outside his realm of expertise. I called and spoke to an app person and he could not figure out why it was no longer providing a clear picture. He suggested I might try a Roku device. I decided to see if anyone else was having this problem and I see that I am not alone. I wish Spectrum could figure out what went wrong a few weeks ago.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@EngineerCasey

Hi & welcome! Sorry for any issues. Have you tried replicating the issue on a different device? How is the Samsung TV connected to the internet?

• EngineerCasey

The technician did not try it on a different device. He did try connecting the internet directly to the TV but the problem still existed. He even made sure the TV setting was set from wireless to hardwired when he tried that option.

• EngineerCasey

Again, from the time we signed up for Spectrum cable in October the picture was crystal clear using the app until about 2-3 weeks ago. We were enjoying cable TV on the spectrum app without any issues until then.

• James_M

Thanks. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well?

• EngineerCasey

Yes

• Renee_T

Thank you. Do you have another device like a smart phone or even a computer that you can check the app/site on to see if it is limited to the Samsung or if you're seeing the blurry picture on all devices? If we know that it is device specific or account wide, it can help us narrow down potential causes.

• EngineerCasey

I will try that sometime today and report back to you.

• EngineerCasey

I loaded the Spectrum TV app on an iPad and the picture remained clear the whole time. I then cast the picture from the iPad to the Samsung TV and the picture remained clear the whole time.

I also tried watching again on the Samsung TV using the Spectrum TV app and the picture was clear for about 3-4 minutes before it turned blurry.

My guess is there is a problem between Samsung and the Spectrum TV app.

• Renee_T

Thank you for checking! Since you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, have you checked to see if there's an update to the Samsung Hub software already?

• EngineerCasey

The service technician checked for updates but there weren’t any. The TV is set to automatically update.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Thank you. What version of the app are you currently using?

• Barbnel
    Barbnel Posts: 3 Spectator

I am having the same problem. I have two new Samsung smart tvs. 55" Qled and a 27". I have reset everything, checked for updates and it still goes very blurry. I have the newest router that I recently added and still i get the blur. I have a new LG 27" in the bedroom. As LG does not have the spectrum app, I get spectrum through the Roku on that tv. It is extremely slow down loading the Spectrum app and keeps "buffering". When it finally loads, changing channels is very very slow also. This is getting very frustrating.

• James_M

All -

Please reply with the model# of Samsung TV & year purchased (approximate year is ok) that you are using, so we can pass it on to the developer.

• Barbnel

Samsung 55" was purchased 6 months ago. Model # QN55Q60AAF. It is a 2021 model. The 27" was purchased a week ago. Model #S27BM501EN. It is a 2022 model. When I purchased the 27" LG, I did not know that I could not get the Spectrum app on LG tv except thru Roku. All other apps are working fine,, with exceptional NON BLURRY ever picture and sound on all three tvs.

• James_M

Thanks @Barbnel. Do you also get an error code when this occurs?

• EngineerCasey

Not sure this helps but I’m told that Samsung switched from an Android OS to a Tizen OS.

Under settings on the app, it shows the platform version is v29.23.0.

When I used the Spectrum app on my iPad and cast it to my TV the picture froze after about 10 minutes but the sound continued.

Agree with Barbnel, this is very frustrating especially since everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. At this point I don’t think there is much else I can do to help you troubleshoot the problem. I’m probably just going to cancel my cable. Good luck with figuring it out!

• Barbnel

No error code. Just blurs up the picture for awhile. Then clears up and blurs again. Hopefully this will eventually clear on its own. If it does not, I will try AT&T.

• BikerMike

I have tried on my smart phone on wifi for Spectrum Tv app and picture was clear. but on my Samsung tv which is 2021 tv. it's still blurry. all updates are done automatically. Even talk with Samsung tech and they say its on your end. when I talked with Samsung tech he stated they had no know issues with Spectrum tv app. I even have tv on LAN. Nice to know I am not alone.

• AC72
    AC72 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here as well. Spectrum app works fine on all other TV's and devices but now using a Samsung in office that is about 3-4 years old and app is blurry 90% of the time. According to the information this app for Samsung has not been updated since May 2020..........Might be time to update so it works properly with Samsung since they do sell a few TV's........

• BikerMike

I have deleted app reinstalled the app still problem come back after a few minutes. to blurry picture. there are no error codes just blurry picture, yet all other apps are crystal clear

• BikerMike

When is spectrum tv app going to be updated for newer tv's the last update was 2020..

• BikerMike

Downloaded Paramount+ app picture is crystal clear. Samsung live tv crystal clear Spectrum Tv App so Blurry hurts my eyes to watch. Why is it only Spectrum Tv App being problem?

• BeachBoy327
    BeachBoy327 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Both of my TV’s have had the blurry problem for the last 10 days. Neither of them are Samsungs. Every other APP have no problems, just the Spectrum AAP. I have reset everything, unplugged and restarted them, deleted and reinstalled the Spectrum APP. I am using Apple Boxes, but have never had any problems until now. Updated the modem and router, maybe that has jinxed my system 😠

This discussion has been closed.