SD images now appear streched horizontally

Jaime_Charlotte
Jaime_Charlotte Posts: 7 Participant
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

On one of my TVs still using a spectrum receiver box all SD channel video is now stretched horizontally in essence distorting the image to fill the sides only. I have another box and this is not happening. I tried going through all resolution settings on both the receiver box and the TV to no avail. I have also reset the box completely. HD Channels look fine.

Answers

• ShortyKel
    ShortyKel Posts: 1 Newcomer

I had that issue when I had Spectrum TV also, is one box SD and one HD?

If so, that is the issue, SD.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hi @Jaime_Charlotte,

What box do you have? What guide do you have on your box? Is your box the new World Box? (No clock on the panel.?) Are you running Spectrum Guide?

Since about 90% of all delivered content is now avaliable in HD, and all SD channels are affected on your box, I would suspect that a video update was pushed to your box, allowing SD content to fill the screen. It sounds like you are describing a movie theature image with horizontal space stretched out to fill the sides with the top and bottom images cropped. The video engineers who push updates to the boxes, unfortunately are not customer facing. However, all feedback is considered and passed on to the appropriate team.

Out of curiosity, can you check if you have Family Entertainment TV? (FETV) They stretch all their content, which is 50's-60's shows to fill the screen. On your box, does FETV show in a cropped 16x9 format, or full screen?

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor
    edited January 2023

Hit the receiver's off-line User Settings by hitting the menu button immediately after turning it off and make sure the 4:3 Override SD setting is set to Off instead of Stretched et c.

This discussion has been closed.