Cannot ping office IP address but CAN ping other external IP addresses

rubinstu
rubinstu Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

My office (a Spectrum Business customer) has a static IP address. I cannot ping it from my home (a Spectrum customer) network. It just times out.

I CAN ping any other arbitrary IP address I want (i.e. 8.8.8.8, 143.166.147.101 [which is www.dell.com], etc.) and my Internet is working 100% fine.

My colleagues CAN ping the office IP address from their respective homes around the country.

From my phone, if I'm on the WiFi (and thus my home network), I cannot ping the office, but if I get off the WiFi and use my cellular network, I can ping it.

My network consists of a Ubee modem/router and TP-Link Deco mesh network routers. I have tried taking the Deco routers offline and plugging my laptop directly to the modem; I get the same results - can do everything except ping that particular IP address.

So, what could possibly be blocking my one network connecting to that one other one?

This is sort of a desperate "work from home" problem, so I really appreciate any help I can get on this! Thanks

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 391 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @rubinstu and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry you are experiencing an issue trying to ping your business modem. I am not seeing any concerns being reported by the modem. When you connected directly to our modem did you reset the modem? Also, are you using a VPN when you are trying to ping the modem? -Lyn

This discussion has been closed.