Spectrum TV App is Blurry on all platforms

jayraguda
jayraguda Posts: 1 Newcomer

Over the last 2 weeks we have noticed that the SpectrumTV App is blurry on any platform. We have tested it on our laptop, iphone, ipad and Apple TV and we get the same intermittent Blurry screen.

It is the only streaming app that gives pixelated quality, even when it is only 1 device streaming. All other streaming apps are fine and stream at high quality.

We consistently clock download speeds of 100+Mbps while streaming.

This seems to happen during prime time hours between 6pm - 10pm...and again only on the SpectrumTV app.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,077 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @jayraguda, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with our app, I can help. I was able to locate your account and despite the good speed test results I'm seeing your devices are sometimes getting very low speeds when using the app. Have you tried testing using a device connected with an ethernet cable or on 5Ghz WiFi in the same room as the router?

• jimk74
    jimk74 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I get the exact same issue. I have 4 different Apple TVs throughout the house and the spectrum app is the problem on each of them. If I watch the same channel through a network app, it comes in really clear, but same channel through spectrum app really blurs out. This is about a 2-week-old ongoing issue. I can watch the spectrum app on native Roku on one of my TVs and it works just fine. it is definitely tied to spectrum and Apple Tv. It has become unwatchable. I saw a suggestion to turn of the wifi that is native to the smart TV as they may be battling for signal, but that didn't make a difference. Netflix, Prime, Disney plus, Apple Plus, Peacock app, Paramont Plus app, etc all work great. Just spectrum, and I have run out of things to try

This discussion has been closed.