Our cable box channel guide shows "to be announced" for all local channels

M12
M12 Posts: 4 Spectator

This started happening for a few channels and slowly got worse. I unplugged the box and re-plugged it in and now all channels say to be announced. Is there a fix for this?

Mike

Best Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! You should turn off everything and unplug your box for at least five minutes to get any corrupte3d data out. Note that when the box repopulates the Time Grid data, it may only advance up to two days ahead for up to 24 hours. After that time, the traditional 7 days ahead (might be longer depending on guide software on the box) should be in effect.

Let us know if the above fixes this issue.

Satch

• M12
    M12 Posts: 4 Spectator
    Answer ✓

I did power cycle everything. What I didn't do, apparently, is wait long enough for it to repopulate. After 15 to 20 min is was still showing "To Be Announced" for all channels. Several hours later all was good. Guess it takes a lot longer than I expected to download the programming. Not sure I understand why, but at least it is working for now.

Mike

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Glad it is working Mike!

You probably have I-Guide, which is an older guide that takes a while for data to repopulate following a reboot.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.