Local channels not working on ipad or computer, but work on ROKU with TV.

serenamc04
serenamc04 Posts: 9 Participant

I can watch my local channels on my TV using a ROKU, but I can no longer watch locals on my ipad using the app or on my computer logging in with it. The locals worked fine on everything as of yesterday.

Answers

• serenamc04
    serenamc04 Posts: 9 Participant

My mistake, locals not working on ROKU either, they do work on the Samsung TV app, only.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi!

What troubleshooting have you tried already?

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hello @serenamc04!

Just to chime in here. I looked up your account with your login credentials and can verify that you are subscribed to local channels (which you knew I am sure) but they are not streamable outside the home. Many local channels in most markets have that agreement with us.

So if you are at the service address, and the Roku/iPad apps for some reason thinks you are outside of the residence and a good reboot (live unplugged for 20-30 seconds) should reset the communication between your apps and the modem which will refresh the entitlements (subscribed channels) when it is rebooted.

Also, if the iPad has its own cellular connection, make sure to take it off the mobile data and signed into your home wifi.

Hope that all helps!

Randy

This discussion has been closed.