Just wondering if anyone else has had the Spectrum logos on their tv screen change to COX logos.

chottensmith
chottensmith Posts: 2 Spectator
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Also shows the COX logo on the startup screen. I have called and chatted with Spectrum and they seem to have no idea what I am talking about. Thought maybe COX had acquired Spectrum.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 687 Contributor
    edited February 2023

So the Spectrum TV app on your Samsung smart TV had the Cox logo, 5½ weeks ago? It would be interesting to know if anybody else has experienced the same inexplicable effect! If that's still happening, i'd delete the app and then install/re-install the latest version and see if that fixes it.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hi @chottensmith! Welcome to the Spectrum Community.

I agree with @HT_Greenfield ... Cox did not acquire us and there wouldn't be any way for our app to grab their logo.. That's just bizarre. I don't doubt your experience but if it is still happening, please take a photo/screenshot and post it here. Did you have Cox service at one time?

Randy

• chottensmith
    chottensmith Posts: 2 Spectator

Hello Randy, no I've never had Cox, I don't believe it is even available where I live. I did post a screen shot on my original posting. What is strange is that when I tun the TV/Cable box on the Cox logo is there on the screen where the Spectrum Logo used to be. On the Menu screen I click on the Cox logo to get back to my Spectrum channels. It is strange. I will try reloading / rebooting.

Thanks

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,300 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Wow!

I have seen strange things over the years! This is one for the books!

@chottensmith, to help us investigate this, try to answer the following:

1.) On what type of device is this occurring? (streaming? Spectrum App?, cable box?, phone?) type? Apple TV? Roku?)

2.) Does functionality work? Searching? Channel Selecting? Can you watch shows without issues?

3.) Does the Spectrum logo show up anywhere?

4.) Anyone else think this could be a malware infection? Or even some adware that got onto the device?

5.) If you rent a cable box from Spectrum, please post the make and model number. Also the guide running on the box. Google search "Spectrum, what guide do I have?" if using a cable box. Enter your address at the results site that comes up to see your cable box guide.

6.( Finally, if this is through a Smart TV? What is the make and model of your Smart TV? Have you tried using your Smart TV remote to hold down the center ring until the TV reboots? Than release your had when the title screen comes back on? I am also wondering if your Smart TV's Home Bar, got infected with something? When did all this start? Maybe the TV manufacturer pushed out a wonky update?

Yes, reboot, and post back the results.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 687 Contributor

I think i get it now! I think that's just the TV's label for the HDMI input from the cable TV box. However it got to the Cox label, you should be able to re-label it via the TV's settings for that HDMI input.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,300 Contributor

That is a great idea @HT_Greenfield Just label it "Spectrum" in settings.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.