Can the remote 8790-L be used to change video source on my Yamaha receiver RX-A800?

kiyoshige
kiyoshige Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

My old RC122 Spectrum remote changed the video source on my Yamaha receiver by pressing AUX and then Video Source I could alternate between the different video sources (Spectrum cable box, Roku or DVD player).

But the old remote is no longer working and the new 8790-L remote can turn the Yamaha receiver on and off and change volume but cannot toggle between the video sources.

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @kiyoshige and Welcome to our Community Forums!

Thank you for reaching out to us about programming your remote control. You can learn more about programing your new remote. Have you completed the steps in suggested for your Yamaha receiver? You may need to use the codes for Aux Audio, Aux Home Theater, or Aux Tuners. Unfortunately there is not a way to guarantee that our Universal remotes will operate your additional home equipment. We do recommend using the original remotes if the programming suggestions don't work.

Answers

• kiyoshige
    kiyoshige Posts: 2 Spectator

Yes, I've completed the steps. Then I press AUX (to activate receiver on the spectrum remote) and VIDEO SOURCE, but the video source does not change the sources on the receiver.

I do have the original remote which of course works...

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor
    edited February 2023

That's supposed to be a great remote but if code 644 doesn't do the trick, then maybe VIDEO SOURCE only works with TV's.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Yes,

For the best results with Spectrum equipment integration, we recommend using the remotes provided by Spectrum over third-party remotes, which can be hit or miss.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.