Spectrum TV app on AppleTV doesnt show my channels instead shows a bunch of Spectrum News channels

schmittyTX
schmittyTX Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have a really odd problem with my Apple TV where instead of showing some of my channels, it shows a bunch of instances of Spectrum News channels ... wth? 😅

I restarted the app, signed in and out, and deleted the app and restarted the appleTV...no change.

Works just fine on my iMac via browser. All channels like CNN, MSNBC, ESPN, etc show just fine.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Welcome to the forums @schmittyTX!

I would try uninstalling and than reinstalling the Spectrum App on your Apple TV.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor
    edited February 2023

There are now at least 28 different metro-centric Spectrum News 1 channels widely available although i’m not seeing their unique short names on your screen, there, whereas those do show up via the watch.spectrum.net web portal guide. Until they get everything fleshed out with those Spectrum News 1 channels, i'd try to mitigate the effect via the sorting and filtering and default startup channel options and settings in the app, there.

• Satch

Sup @HT_Greenfield ?

I would think that Spectrum app services and Spectrum Watch TV (online) should be like the cable boxes for Spectrum News 1. In the case of the boxes, showing only the News 1 channel that relates to the region's programing where the subscriber lives.

I presumed that the multiple Spectrum News 1 channels, showing on the Spectrum app, with Apple TV, were some flaw with the Apple TV/Spectrum app technology. While an uninstall/reinstall of the Spectrum app won't hurt anything, if the results of the multiple Spectrum News 1 channels are still on the Apple TV after its reinstall, they could be there by design and you might have to set up Start Up Filters for Spectrum app services.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor

Nothin' but the house rent, Satch. Good call. That makes sense. I’m currently getting dozens if not all of them on channels 2200-2235 via the web portal as well as the iPhone & iPad apps. Who knows if it’s by design or, why, via Apple TV, they’re all defaulting to the top of the order but i’m sure, by and by, this, too, shall pass.

• Satch

Thanks @HT_Greenfield!

Unless directed to by Spectrum staff regarding an update, probably no need to reinstall anything. It could be something wonky with Apple TV. I say, it passes in less than a month. I'll say three weeks.

At least things work!

Satch

This discussion has been closed.