Incoming phone caller ID is now repeating several times, e.g. "Call from J Doe", "Call from J Doe"

TequilaMockingbird
TequilaMockingbird Posts: 3 Spectator
edited March 2023 in Digital Phone

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 317 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @TequilaMockingbird,

Welcome to the Community! We are happy to look into this for you, I'd like to ask some questions to try getting to the bottom of this for you. Is it your phone or Caller ID on TV that voices the call for you? Do you have more that one phone connected in the home?

• TequilaMockingbird

Hi Jaleesa. To answer your questions: we only have the phone and internet on Spectrum (the TV is all by itself on Dish). The phone base station is hardwired to the Spectrum modem, and has four wireless remotes scattered around the house. FWIW, all of the remotes respond to incoming calls the same way, in unison. The issue just started about a week ago, so we first thought that Spectrum might have made a program change - like some users had requested the repeating as a new feature. (If the repeating had always happened, we would not have thought that much about it). Anyway, Thanks for tackling the issue!

• Jaleesa_F

You're welcome! Thank you for clarifying! This hasn't been a reported issue. Can you try rebooting your modem please? Then call your phone number to see if the repeating is still happening.

• TequilaMockingbird

Bummer. No joy after rebooting - but thanks for the suggestion.

• Jaleesa_F

Thanks for giving that a try, I'm sorry that didn't help. Have you tried temporarily unplugging all but one of the phones then calling?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Whenever that happens with my cellular VoLTE, it always turns out to be from a non-fixed VoIP robocall scammer bombarding my number with multiple calls in short quasi-simultaneous rapid-fire order. I’ve always figured the angle is to try tie up any or all do-not-disturb & forwarding & spam flagging & blocking functions in the hopes that at least one of the calls rings through because, every so often, one or two of the bombardment stream inexplicably does! Be that as it may, whenever i’ve caught such of a bombardment stream in action, i’ve found that a quick pickup & hangup stops it right there. But that doesn’t stop the whole thing from happening again later, of course, from yet another non-fixed VoIP robocall number. So if that's coming from any unfamiliar numbers, maybe that's the story.

This discussion has been closed.