The app only opens the browser, not the app

jda
jda Posts: 4 Spectator

Hello -

I already asked this months ago, but never got an answer.

I have downloaded the MySpectrum app, but when I open it, it just opens Spectrum's website in the browser. It doesn't open the app, and it doesn't let me configure my router (which is the whole reason I downloaded it).

Any advice? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A20s. The router is the SAX1V1S.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 691 Contributor
    edited February 2023

I’d delete the app and re-install it. Otherwise just curious: 1. Does this happen when you are unequivocally connected to your Spectrum Internet Wi-Fi? 2. Do you have any other Spectrum apps installed that could be signed in to a different account? 3. Is the phone Spectrum Mobile-connected? 4. Can you post a screenshot and/or the address of the Spectrum webpage that opens up in the browser?

• jda

Deleting the app and re-installing it does not fix the issue.

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No
    4. It goes to the spectrum.net login page, which is id.spectrum.net/login (and then a query string)
  • HT_Greenfield

Are you able to log in on that login webpage? If so, what happens with the My Spectrum app from there?

• jda
    edited February 2023

Yes, I can log in. But it's literally just the website. It opens the website in the browser, same as I would do on any other device. It is literally not opening an app, just an instance of my browser (the Samsung browser).

• HT_Greenfield

That authentication web page is supposed to open within the My Spectrum app but apparently your Android OS opening links default setting within app permissions is over-riding that. Hit the following discussion and scroll down to the green check-marked answer and give that a try and see what happens.

🔗https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/194218/open-links-in-corresponding-app-instead-of-browser

This discussion has been closed.