Is there a solution for the Spectrum Voice Sync issue?

JPD3RD
JPD3RD Posts: 9 Participant
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I have noticed posts on Voice Sync (Lag) issues on the Spectrum App. I'm having the same issue with my Humax 210 set top box. When I tune Cable and my OTA antenna to the same channel No issue with OTA / Voice Lag on Cable. Everything has been turned off, unplugged and reset. The Lag varies from a few milliseconds up to 2 or 3 seconds.. Restarting helps for a short time.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Next step would be to set up a service call to check signal levels. If you need assistance with setting one up, please let us know.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @JPD3RD,

Luckily I just caught your post. You can't specify a box make or model through shipping or a truck roll. You have to take what they have available. To really get what you want, you would have to go to a Spectrum Store. and see if they (in your case) have boxes with clocks.

Satch

PS. I also wanted to ask, you mentioned that "you understood this was a problem during the Super Bowl." Did you have the lip-sync problem during the game? Or did you talk to other people that did?

Answers

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee
    edited January 2023

Hello and welcome to our community. I am sorry for the frustration regarding the Voice sync/lag issue via the app and cable box. What channel is this occurring on?

• JPD3RD
    edited January 2023

Hi Steph, All as far as I can tell. Currently about a 1 second delay on Fox Business and local channel CBS 5 via Spectrum. Also No sync issues with Netflix.

• JPD3RD
    edited January 2023

James, I will have a tech come out and test the signal strength. It might be next week before I can let you know.

• Satch

@JPD3RD,

Good idea to have signal strength tested! Try not to reboot your equipment for at least six hours before the tech visit because that clears out the error codes. Tune to Fox Business and CBS when he is there to take the readings.

Satch

• JPD3RD

A tech came out today 2/24/2023. He observed the issue and tested the signal strength. All tests were normal. I understand it was a huge issue during the Super bowl. Does anyone know of a real solution. This never was a problem in the Analog Days.

• JPD3RD
    edited February 2023
    I am still having a Voice Delay problem using a Spectrum 200H Receiver. Sometimes up to 1 Second. I have tried all the "Known" solutions. A Spectrum Tech came out last week and all tested good. I do not see an audio delay when watching local channels on Antenna, or watching on https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv.
  • James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@JPD3RD

Sounds like the hard drive on the DVR may be failing, next step would be to replace the DVR.

• JPD3RD
    edited February 2023

Just curious why the Tech that came out could not have checked this out? It seems to be a well known issue with several solutions / no solutions here as well as on the rest of the World Wide Wasteland.. He had heard of the issue and checked with another Tech. Rumor is that it is an issue with the servers between the source and Spectrum. Fox News and Fox Business is the worst, I have also reported this to Fox.

• Satch

Hey,

To follow up with James' suggestion on replacing the box,

I wonder if having an older box (With a clock on the front) would eliminate the audio out of sync behavior? If it does, than it's likely and issue with the new World Boxes. (which don't have a clock.) However, if a clock box does the same thing and does not stop the syncing problem, I agree with the tech that it would be a server issue.

@JPD3RD, do you live near a Spectrum store where you can get a box with a clock?

Satch

• JPD3RD

Thanks Satch, I live about 30 miles away. I may give them a call and update them on the issue, and see if they can ship me one.

This discussion has been closed.