How can I get notificaiton when "Pause Live TV" feature is available on the Spectrum TV App?

TerryR987
TerryR987 Posts: 2 Spectator

I just signed up for a trial of Spectrum TV Choice, which seems to be a promising way to get access to local channels and cable news channels. But I find I can't pause or rewind live programming. I see by a recent thread here that these features are not supported on the Spectrum TV app. I will therefore be cancelling my new service, as that's a required feature for us.

Is there a way to get notification when that is fixed so I can try the service again?

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @TerryR987

When you pause or rewind live streaming content, a recording is started at the point that the programming is paused or recorded. Currently, this feature is not supported on the Spectrum TV App, however you can add CloudDVR, record programming and watch it at a later time. Pausing and rewinding is supported on CloudDVR recordings.

At this time, the best option for pausing live TV with Spectrum video services is with a traditional set top box DVR.

There is no additional information available at this time, if the feature is offered in the future, you can check back at this link: Spectrum TV App which includes current features and requirements for the app.

Answers

• TerryR987
    TerryR987 Posts: 2 Spectator

Thanks, James.

Watching the recording later is not of interest. The function we want is to be able to watch "live" streaming programming (think daytime cable news), and pause and rewind at will, like on a physical DVR.

The only option I've found that currently works that way is YouTube TV. I'd prefer to move to Spectrum TV because the pause and rewind buttons work correctly on the Roku app, unlike the YouTube TV app. But until we can watch "live" content the way we want to I'm afraid that's not a viable option.

I looked at the link you provided but I don't see the current features shown there. Is that the link you intended?

This discussion has been closed.