Arris DCX3200 boxes reverted from Spectrum Guide to i-Guide

nelsonjw
nelsonjw Posts: 16 Participant
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

Both of my DCX3200 cable boxes had been smoothly running Spectrum Guide up until today. Both downgraded sometime in the last 18-20 hours to the HD version of i-Guide.

Have others experienced this? Is this intentional on Spectrum's part or is there some glitch that may be causing this? For what it's worth, Spectrum chat reps didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about. However, the i-Guide seems to be missing quite a few features I have grown accustomed to in the time that I've had Spectrum Guide.

Tagged:

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,076 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @nelsonjw, sorry about the trouble with your guide!

I'm not aware of any known issues like this. Have you tried rebooting the receivers? Are you having any problems with the service besides the guide change?

• nelsonjw

Reboots did not help. Even tried unplugging for 5 minutes and plugging back in.

No other service issues.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 338 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I'm sorry rebooting didn't help. You mentioned speaking with chat reps, did they troubleshoot with you at all?

• nelsonjw
    edited March 2023

Chat reps could not help (but for suggesting turning the boxes off and back on again) and suggested swapping out the boxes. I am on the phone now with a call center rep who said that someone deleted the Spectrum Guide codes from my account on Wednesday and they are working with a lead to try to get them added back.

• nelsonjw

Spectrum Guide is working again after a lead added the proper codes back to my account. No one could figure out how they got removed. For about 45 minutes the two boxes had no guide software or on-screen interface, but in the last five minutes or so the boxes came back up properly running Spectrum Guide.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 338 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Great! I'm happy to hear that we were able to find the issue and resolve it for you! Should you need assistance in the future, feel free to reach out via any of these channels (community, phone, social media, and chat) and we'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.