DVR Issues

sgascich
sgascich Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I have recordings on my DVR....that take up space...but the content does match the title. Specifically I have recorded several Kansas City Chiefs football games. The show under the list (14 games) Take up space in my DVR....but when you hit enter to access them...it shows up as Futbol Americano..and the games are not showing in the list. My sister who lives across the street has the same issue...it is happening on two DVR boxes at my house and also in her one DVR at her home. Spectrum technicians have been to her house twice....once she got her recordings back for a few minutes and once for a few hours...but it keeps reverting back to the Futbol Americano and no games. I have a technician scheduled to come to my house tomorrow....but if they could not fix hers... I am doubtful they can fix my same issue. Any idea on what could be the problem?????

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,304 Contributor
    edited March 2023

Welcome to our forums @sgascich !

Unfortunately, a tech will not be able to fix this. You might as well cancel the appointment. What you are describing is a listing data bug. Gracenote is the company that does the listings on the guides for Spectrum. You will need to email them at this address:

gn.customercare@nielsen.com

In your email, after mentioning that Spectrum is your cable provider describe the following:

1.) The problem that the listing title is not the same as the detailed listing data in the search. (Provide Screenshots to illustrate this if you can to assist in your explanation.)

2.) Does the problem occur on all channels and listings relating to the Kansas City Chiefs team, or just a specific station or stations? You will need to provide those stations.

3.) At least one instance of a future time of a forthcoming game.

4.) To your knowledge, does this same issue occur on other Spectrum devices, such as the Spectrum app or at the Spectrum TV website when you search for games there? This will help Gracenote in the investigation.

5.) Important- When you set up a Kansas City Chiefs game to record, does it still record with the strange listing data showing, or not? They will need to know this

6.) Finally, in your email, you should include your city, state, and zip code.

This should help!

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 690 Contributor

What's the name of the channel you recorded these games on? You said they show under the list and then you said they don't show under the list. Could you clarify what you mean? Also what's the type or model of the DVR box and which guide software is it running?

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 690 Contributor

Otherwise go into the DVR menu by way of the main menu and then go into DVR history and see what all has already been recently deleted and expect anything farther back may also have already been deleted and then turn around and go into DVR cleanup and see if you can clean up the rest of the mess that way.

This discussion has been closed.