How can I start to record a show when it has already started?

joebuckfromtx
joebuckfromtx Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I have Cloud DVR and watch on a Samsung TV. I know how to record prior to starting. This would be for either a live event or a movie / tv show that is in progress.

Thank you

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @joebuckfromtx and Welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Cloud DVR feature. I can help! You can record shows that have already started by going to the guide, locating the show, and then click on the show. You will receive an option to Watch Live or Record. You would select record. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

-Lyn

• joebuckfromtx
    joebuckfromtx Posts: 2 Spectator

Thank you Lyn, but your process does not give me the option to record. What I found from another reader was while watching the program they arrow down twice and get this option to record.

However when I arrow down or up, just once while watching the program I get an option to record. However not the program I am watching. What comes up is a station either a couple or hundreds away from what I'm watching.

From here I can arrow either way and run through all the stations until I get to one or the one I was watching and I get the option to record the show or series. This is a bit of an odd way to accomplish recording, but it works.

I would like to think there is a simpler way to do this. I have Samsung model QN55Q70A if you find a way.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.