Can’t record Hallmark movies

LaurieB5511_
LaurieB5511_ Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Watch TV 2023 Archive

I have set up the Hallmark movies to record. It shows it’s set with the red dot but doesn’t show it recorded in the DVR list. Why is this happening?

Answers

• LaurieB5511_
    LaurieB5511_ Posts: 2 Spectator

No didn’t answer my question as to why not recording the Hallmark movie on Hallmark. There is a recording problem. Had to watch todays movie since the DVR Spectrum box or Hallmark won’t allow it to record. The red dot for the movie was showing but the movie never showed up in the list for that day’s recordings. All the other channels recordings are listed-just not the 2 Hallmark channels.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor
    edited May 2023

Go into the DVR menu by way of the main menu and then go into DVR history and see if any cancelation events have been logged and, if so, open them and see what the ascribed reason is. Also, any time this happens and you're unable to find the program available on demand right away, check again after a day or two just for kicks.

• BShort
    BShort Posts: 4 Spectator

I am having issues with recording Hallmark Channel movies. Using the spectrum guide on the box. 

it allows me to the schedule the recording. It shows a red dot. It even says recording during the movie on the box however when I go to the DVR the recording doesn’t exist. I record hallmark movies all the time and have only had the issue for the last couple weeks now. 

There is plenty of space of my DVR and I have already tried to reset my box.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Hello @BShort ,

This was an issue for some last year. Please check for us the year shown on the guide for those movies. If it is 2022 or later, or conclusion was that it is possible that Hallmark may be flagging those films for On Demand Viewing only. The kicker is that they must complete their first run cycle on Demand or be watched live.

Try to schedule a movie on that channel that is 2021 or earlier and see if that records. If earlier films record, this could be Hallmark flagging the content for that channel, especially if the earlier shows are not On Demand.

From what I recall, once the movie completed first run On Demand status on Hallmark Movie Channel, than it recorded like any other content. If this is the case, this is Hallmark's decision and not Spectrum's.

Satch

• BShort
    BShort Posts: 4 Spectator
    edited May 2023

I have Been recording them all year until last week it worked. I am Able to tape older movies

• Satch

@BShort,

Thanks for the update! Just to confirm this is on the "Hallmark Movie Channel" correct. If you are able to record older movies than there is some issue with Hallmark flagging recordings. You would need to watch movies 2022 or later On Demand.

Here is a link to Hallmark Channel and all of their sister channels. They have social media contacts on the page at this link:

Submit feedback to them, that you are not able to DVR any movies that are designated 2022 or later in the guide, but can record older movies with no problems. Current Hallmark Movies that are also available On Demand can not be recorded to your DVR. You should also mention, in your social media contact to Hallmark:

1.) Spectrum is your cable provider.

2.) Your city, state, and zip code.

3.) The name of the specific channel, and number of the specific channel on your guide.

4.) When the problem started? As you said last week.

5.) A reiteration that only new movies with a 2022 or later air date fail to record to your DVR.

6.) A request to forward this information to their engineering team

If the Hallmark people are "On the Ball" they should forward your request. Hallmark's engineering team will work behind the scenes with Spectrum's engineering team to resolve this. (It could take several weeks.) I recall last year, this got resolved. It is possible that somebody pushed an update to someplace and this got messed up again.

7.) Provide for Hallmark a minimum of three examples of movies that do not record with the dates and times that they are scheduled to be shown. If you can take screenshots for sample submissions, do that,

Satch

• Cheryl1606
    Cheryl1606 Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited May 2023

On May 5, 2023, I set my DVR to record the premiere of "When Love Springs". When I went to watch it the next day, it wasn't there. I attempted to record it the next 2 times it was on and got the same result. I tested recordings on both channels and all other programming records as it should. Although the series "Ride" is new, I am able to record it. The problem is strictly with the 2023 Hallmark movies. When I bring up the Guide and set the recordings, everything appears normal. I saw that this same thing had happened in the past with someone trying to record 2022 Hallmark movies. Please advise what was done to resolve this issue. Thank you for an insight you can provide.

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @Cheryl1606 and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us about recording shows using the Hallmark Channel. You should be able to record any shows aired on the Hallmark Channel. Are you using our DVR box or our Cloud DVR? If you are using our DVR box you may need to reset the box. This can be done by unplugging the box from the cable line and the power line for a solid 3-5 minutes. Can you try this and let me know if this helps?

If you need any further assistance please let us know. -Lyn

• Cheryl1606

Hi Lyn, thank you for getting back to me. I do have your DVR box. I had spoken with someone at Spectrum and he rebooted the box. I am recording some shows right now so I'll try it your way in the morning. I won't know if it works until Friday or Saturday when a new movie is available. Thank you, again!

• Satch
    edited May 2023

Hello everyone,

This issue has come up before on the forum. If you search for Hallmark, the issue in the database is that some current Hallmark Movies that are 2023 and are also offered On Demand are being flagged by Hallmark so that they can not be recorded. This same issue happened last year in 2022.

If a Hallmark movie's year was the current year and it could not be recorded, it was because it was also available On Demand, and Hallmark would not allow any current year movies that were also showing On Demand to be recorded to box DVR's.

Any older movies, maybe one year back from current year, or for sure, two years back from current year recorded perfectly. For some reason, Hallmark wants you to view current movies On Demand, instead of recording them to your box. Once they leave On Demand, or are older than the current year, there are no problems.

I think this got resolved last year, but Hallmark is doing something to make this happen again. Customers should reach out to Hallmark on Social Media to let them know that they can't record current 2023 movies on Spectrum box DVR's.

Here is Hallmark's main site with all of its channels at the top of the page:

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/

Satch

• Cheryl1606

Hi Satch,

I went to the Hallmark site as indicated above and found the following:

"Hallmark Media's Viewer Services can be contacted via email at viewers@hallmarkmedia.com or by phone at 888-390-7474."

I sent an email with the information you provided and received this response:

Thank you for contacting Hallmark Media, home of the Hallmark Channel!

We’re so pleased that you contacted us. We’ll get back to you just as soon as we can.

Need an answer more quickly? Please visit our website.

Your business and loyalty are important to us. We look forward to helping you very soon.

Warm regards,

Hallmark Media Viewer Services

I am hoping for a good outcome. Thank you for your help! Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.