Charter email setup

Options
Kat663
Kat663 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I am using Outlook 2019 on my desktop. I have tried using the auto setup AND the manual setup using the ports given on the Spectrum Help page. I receive the following error:

I have tried using the agent but they keep insisting it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says it's a Charter/Spectrum problem. Can someone please verify the outgoing email settings and server port number? On my phone, I can receive email from Charter, but I can't send email. I can't get Outlook to the point of downloading incoming mail, so I don't know if I can receive email in Outlook. I can use the webmail to both send and receive.

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Kat663 and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about setting up your email. You may find this link on email setup helpful. With Outlook being a 3rd party system we are not able to offer extensive troubleshooting. If you are able to send and receive emails using our Webmail options then it indicates your email address is valid and working.

I would make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Email client.. I would also check for any outstanding updates for your devices as this can cause problems.

The server information is

• Incoming Email Server: mobile.charter.net
    • Outgoing Email Server: mobile.charter.net

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. -Lyn

Answers

• Kat663
    Kat663 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

As I stated before I used the information provided on the Spectrum website. This is a new build computer, and I have updated everything possible - OS, Outlook, etc. The issue is with SPECTRUM because I get a time out/dropped server error. Do you have any further assistance to offer?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,706 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Since you can access, send and receive email through Spectrum Webmail, that indicates that the email is active and working correctly with your credentials. Unfortunately, we would not be able to assist further with a third party email client and suggest contacting Microsoft for direct support with Outlook.

This discussion has been closed.