I Cannot Access Spectrum Wifi Hotspots while Traveling

Twortle
Twortle Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I was told that I could access wifi hot spots while traveling, and yet I cannot login not matter what i try. I have tried the "Spectrum Free Trial" and I have tried the mobile app. Nothing will connect even though I see the SSID. Another site mentioned I may need my home fiber modem re-provisioned? Is that true? If so who do I contact?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Thanks. Unfortunately, access is not currently available on all devices. Some android devices, including the Samsung S21 do not have access available. Our developers are working on adding more devices in the future.

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @Twortle and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to our WiFi Hotspots. I am sorry that you are unable to access the hotspots. . You should be able too. Are you receiving an error message? I would also make sure your device is up to date on all recommended updates. If you are still unable to log in you can contact us at  1-888-851-9350​​​​​​ for additional troubleshooting. -Lyn

• Twortle

Thanks. I will try when I travel today. You can also see I don't have a "Wifi Profile" available on My Spectrum app.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

What device are you using? Have you been able to access hotspots before?

• Twortle

I was trying with my cell phone. Samsung S21. And no I have never been able to connect. I have only ever tried my cell.

• RAIST5150
    RAIST5150 Posts: 918 Contributor

Looks like they are still wrangling with the Android issues in general... same symptoms with the lesser Samsung A21 (cannot download/configure the wifi profile).

This discussion has been closed.