Missing Sent emails

Options
ddecoursey
ddecoursey Posts: 4 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Internet 2023 Archive

I have WIN11 and Office365. I So I am using the Outlook included in the Office Suite. . I noticed I have nothing in my Sent Folder. My email account is currently configured to be IMAP. . Any Idea what the hang up would be ? If I go out and loginto my Spectrum Webmail..I ca nsend emails and they do show up in the sent folder...so the Spectrum webmail folder is not fully sync'ing with my local Outlook folder..... any tips on this ?

thanks

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee
    Options

Good evening and welcome to the Spectrum Community @ddecoursey!

I don't personally use Outlook, but you may want to check the IMAP settings to make sure the folders are selected and syncing. I wouldn't think you would have to enable specific folders to sync (anymore, back in the old days ... whew) but if there is a way to check that, it's the first place I'd look.

Glad you are here,

Randy

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 713 Contributor
    Options

Re-enable "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" and if that fails to stick for the by and by, consider disabling "Store my Outlook settings in the cloud."

🔗https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook/outlook-options-not-working-or-saving/m-p/2273000

• ddecoursey
    ddecoursey Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

I am not syncing to the cloud. I do have the Save Copies on Messages in the Sent Items Folder enabled... selection enabled...but I do not have an actual Folder named "Sent Items" I do have a folder named SENT and there are some of my sent emails are in that folder I am confused by this

Thanks

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 713 Contributor
    Options

How many folders with the word “sent” in them are there and what are their exact names in (1) the webmail portal and (2) Outlook 365 and (3) any other email client apps at play with the subject email account?

This discussion has been closed.