Flix channel missing?

Options
johnmu05
johnmu05 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited September 2023 in Channels & Programming

I have the Entertainment View pack, and until about a week ago was getting the Flix channel (channel 667 in my area, zip code 45069).

Now the channel is gone, but it’s still listed in “My channels” on the Spectrum website, and from what I can tell, it’s still part of the Entertainment View pack.

I’ve tried re-booting my internet, but didn’t help. I only use Spectrum apps, so re-booting cable box isn’t an option.

The channel is gone from the app altogether. Any ideas how to fix?

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 710 Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hopefully just a temporary outage or interruption. Log on to your account via www.spectrum.net and see if there are any red-banner service alerts that might be relevant and then hit the ⠂⠂⠂More link/tab and then the Watch TV one and then hit 🔍 and search for Flix by name and see if the channel itself comes up or else search for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and hit the movie itself from the search results and then scroll all the way down to More Ways to Watch and see if Flix isn't in there along with TMC in order to confirm whether Flix is temporarily entirely gone from Spectrum TV's guide there in Cincy.

• johnmu05
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks - I tried this….Flix is still not showing up.

However, I tried your suggestion about searching for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, which took me to Flix On Demand, which IS still there.

So the channel itself is gone, but On Demand is still there, which makes me think I should still be getting the channel (as part of Entertainment View), if I have access to On Demand. Very strange.

• HT_Greenfield
    Options

Then the live TV feed is temporarily gone from the guide there like you said. If they're upgrading the feed from SD to HD like they need to do here in my zone, then good for you, man.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,319 Contributor
    Options

Good point,

On the cable box FLIX has always been in SD. Hopefully Spectrum can get an HD feed on that channel.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    Options

Just to be clear, i take it that when you scroll down to the bottom of that listing, the near-term future airings on Flix specifically are not among the More Ways to Watch if there are any more ways to watch showing up at all.

• johnmu05
    Options

Correct, there are More Ways to Watch listed on The Movie Channel, but not Flix

This discussion has been closed.