Two Ways to Set up a Series Recording With Spectrum Guide

Options
Satch
Satch Posts: 5,321 Contributor

Guys,

It's a bit more cumbersome than other guides but here it is for reference:

1,) You can use the Guide's Time Grid- Browse through the cells for a future program and if it is a series you can set it up that way.

2,) Through your DVR List of Scheduled Recordings- Go to your DVR List. Get there through My Library or the direct DVR/List button Next do the following:

2a.) Find a scheduled show from your DVR List and select that show

2b.) Select "Get More Info"

2c.) Select "View Series Information"

2d.) Select "Record"

2e.) A New prompt opens for you to set up how you want to record the series.

(Mods, we should pin this topic) We get asked about this a lot. Hope this helps!

Comments

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 144 Contributor
    Options

You can also do this using the Search feature (magnifier button) and Info button on the URC 1160 remote that should have come with the World Box. Bear in mind that if a program has no upcoming airings in the next 2 weeks, Series Recordings can't be scheduled. And you can't modify or delete an existing Series Recording unless the program airs within that 2 week window.

• Satch
    Options

Hi Catch,

I did not want the new World Box remote due to living with an elderly person who hates change. We have had the Clickr Backlite for years. and got a new one of those. (Keeping it in storage, cause the old one works fine.)

Satch

• Satch
    Options

Another tip,

If you set up a series above from going to an existing individual recording and you swap it to a series recording using the above methods, don't worry if you get two duplicate episodes recorded in the list. Let the show record the episode completely first. Than just delete the episode you already watched from your DVR playback list.

You can't select the number of episodes to keep in Spectrum Guide. Just set your series to "New Only" so that they don't repeat, and than let that series alone to manage itself. The best way to resolve DVR conflicts is to not babysit the DVR, and let it resolve conflicts on its own. World Boxes have four tuners, so that should not be a problem. And even if something gets missed, it's usually On Demand the next day.

Satch

• Abmichaels
    Abmichaels Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Satch thank you! I did have to go to the 911 shows I had set up to record and delete 1 of them. Then I could go to guide and then set it up to record again, and then it gave me the option of recording the series. Again thank you!