Spectrum App not Auto run compatible

Options

I have a three Samsung TV's. A while ago I was able to have the Spectrum App on Autorun last app. This is where if you turn off the TV and if you turn it on it will be turned on the last app. It appears that there was an update to the app and that is not the case anymore. Does the Technician on this app have any insight in this?

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @Mellymel007 and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our Spectrum Streaming App and your Samsung TVs. I am sorry to learn that the App will no longer auto tune when you turn your TV on. I am not sure what troubleshooting you have already completed. Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the App yet? Also, have you checked for any outstanding updates for your TV? - Lyn

• Mellymel007
    Mellymel007 Posts: 6 Spectator
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply.

It's greatly appreciated πŸ™

I and deleted the spectrum app and re-add it. I also checked that my software is up to date.

Im stilling having the same issue. This seems to be a known problem. Can you find any additional on this issue?

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thank you for trying the suggestions out. I have checked and I am not seeing any known issues with this. Have you reached out to Samsung to see if they have any suggestions with this? -Lyn

• Mellymel007
    Options

@Lyn

Any update on this?

There are a lot of others who have the same issue.

This fix would be a amazing, especially for us that have older parents who are not technology friendly.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 680 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @Mellymel007

The Autorun feature is a feature that Samsung offers through their TV, it is not a feature of our app itself. All I was able to find on their support page was that some apps are not compatible with the feature, but they do not provide a list of apps that are or aren't compatible or information on why an app would not be compatible.

• Mellymel007
    Options

@Renee_T

Thank you for finding this clarification.

Would spectrum be able to raise a ticket with Samsung? I assure you many are having this issue.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 680 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately, since it is their feature, not a part of our app we are limited in what we can do. Most of the time with features like that, it's not something that we opt into or out of but a coding issue or an issue with the way that our app functions not working with how that feature functions.

• Mellymel007
    Options

@Renee_T

Understood but I can assure you that it worked in 2023. So the app was coded correctly at some point. I don't believe this is the end of this issue, there are so many users experiencing this. A simple search in your forum will show you how many.

Can this issue be escalated to the the dev team?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,728 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

We will pass it along to the app team for consideration in a future update. Thanks!

• Mellymel007
    Options

By the way this feature works with Netflix

Spectrum at the minimum should have this coding