When will ME TV return?

Options

I love nostalgic ME TV and it’s been ripped out from under us as of May 1st 2024 as KGTV ended their affiliation. Spectrum is still showing it on their guide on channel 1233 which is actually now Bounce. The other major carriers like AT&T Uverse & Cox & Direct TV are still providing it, along with some streaming options. Why isn’t it accessible on Spectrum?

Best Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,328 Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Most likely,

KGTV's contract with Spectrum to carry ME TV was not approved for renewal. Customers would have to contact station KGTV in your area through email or social media to get them to enter into a new contract with Spectrum for ME TV. It looks like your affiliate is in San Diego. Your station should be in this listing directory of all stations owned by Scripps Corporation:

https://scripps.com/our-brands/local-media/

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 734 Contributor
    edited May 16 Answer ✓
    Options

Not Spectrum's fault. I'm not saying that MeTV hasn't decided to or isn't trying to right their ways, there, just that all expectations are off until MeTV has effected an all local broadcast and simulcast carriage thereof get-up throughout the telecast territory, there, which may not be able to happen until their existing alt national feed carriage agreements there run their term.

The alert banner on their website makes it clear that they are trying to establish a new local broadcast affiliation in lieu of KGTV who walked away from aforementioned alienation. Hopefully this means that they are prospectively guaranteeing that they aren't going to renew any of the alt national feed carriage agreements there, thus guaranteeing any prospective local broadcaster will ultimately be able to negotiate simulcast carriage with all cable and satellite providers but how long before those alt national feed carriage agreements there come to term could be a catch.

In the meantime, call Spectrum and find out if you have and/or what it takes for you to have either FETV or Cozi TV.

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    edited May 3
    Options

Right. Says here that KGTV has indeed replaced their MeTV affiliation with Bounce TV:

🔗 https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=print_station&facility_id=40876

All i can figure is that each of those other providers that you referred to were carrying it there by virtue of simulcasting KGTV's virtual subchannel 10-2 as well as Spectrum has been and that it's basically outta there, now, across the board, until they establish a new local affiliation.

• HT_Greenfield
    edited May 8
    Options

Edit: i see what you mean, now, about Cox, DirecTV, and U-verse. They're supposedly the only ones still carrying it there and not by virtue of local simulcast. Whether KGTV resented MeTV facilitating such alt carriage in their territory or not, they bounced the problem into their rear-view mirror, so to speak. Anyway, i get it now; you want Spectrum and MeTV to go the same route as MeTV has gone with Cox, DirecTV, and U-verse in San Diego. My bad for chiming in.

🔗 https://metv.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/825

• Stephanie24
    Stephanie24 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am truly saddened at the loss of METV….maybe a change from Spectrum is needed!!

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,328 Contributor
    Options

Why not just buy a second TV with an antenna, and watch METV over the air?

Satch