Is anyone else having problems with the Spectrum TV App on Xumo?

Options
Harkat
Harkat Posts: 1 Newcomer

We received two new Xumo devices. Everything works except the Spectrum TV App. We used troubleshooting over the phone, had a tech come to the house. He exchanged the devices, still no Spectrum TV App. Everyone has been nice - but no one is able to figure out why our Spectrum TV App will not work. We are able to use the other apps on Xumo - just not Spectrum. Anyone else with this problem?

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 80 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I'm sorry about this inconvenience. Are you receiving an error message?

• Ken_T
    Ken_T Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited October 2023
    Options

I was having the same issue. Two tech visits, 5 Xumo boxes and the Spectrum app did not work. Everything else worked and the Spectrum app works on my Roku. I was told by Spectrum support on X that this was supposedly resolved on Friday, October 13. No idea if this is true or not.

The second tech who visited installed a Spectrum router ($5/month) that I didn’t want or need and the app did work with that router, but it hurt the performance of my personal router (interference, I think).

However, I disconnected the Spectrum router as soon as the tech left. At the advice of somebody on Reddit I tried changing my DNS servers on my personal router to Google’s free 8.8.8.8 (primary) and 8.8.4.4 (secondary) and it fixed the issue instantly. Everything is working now. I haven’t tried Cloudflare’s DNS of 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 but I intend to.

Did you get it to work? If not try changing the DNS server. It’s easy, quick, free, and it worked!

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Ken_T, welcome to our community!

Sorry for the difficulty with your new Xumo boxes but thanks for sharing that fix! Will you elaborate what exact issue you were having beforehand? (Error message etc.?)

• Phil_B
    Phil_B Posts: 297 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Please be aware that there was an issue last week that affected a very small number of customer owned routers—customers should NOT need to adjust DNS settings and do NOT need a Spectrum Router if they prefer using their customer owned equipment. If you continue to have issues accessing the Spectrum app on your Xumo devices please let us know!!

• Ken_T
    Ken_T Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited October 2023
    Options

The Spectrum app would not load. I just got the blue spinning loading circle for several minutes until it timed out. This was the same on all five boxes. Everything else worked with my router and everything, including the Spectrum app, worked on the Spectrum router. However, changing the DNS server on my router and disconnecting the Spectrum router also worked. Nobody at Spectrum support was able to help me since the Xumo is so new. I have not tried changing my DNS settings back since this was supposedly fixed to test it yet.

This is a picture of the error message I was getting.

• Rob70949
    Rob70949 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I have the same issue Error message . Xumo escalated my case to another level and I got a call from Comcast/Xumo support. Said that the issue is not with the box but with Spectrum. All other apps work just fine.

• Rob70949
    Options

I am having the same issue. Aero just spins around & same error message XLSTP-999. Wasted 4 hours on Spectrum support & Xumo. Case was escalated by Xumo on Oct. 18, 2023. Would never had purchased Xumo if I knew this issue existed. Casting Spectrum from my Samsung S23 to my Samsung tv for Spectrum using Spectrum app.

• Rob70949
    Options

Error Message XSTLP-999 - Aero spins around till timed out and then closes out & shows this error message.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,718 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options

Error Message XSTLP-999 - Aero spins around till timed out and then closes out & shows this error message.

@Rob70949,

XSTLP-999 is a generic connectivity error. The app and device authenticate using the modem on the account, and it looks like your modem has been online for 22 days. Can you restart the modem and then test the Xumo again and let us know if the same error occurs?

• Kru
    Kru Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

We are on our second xumo box. Our issue is that the box shuts off randomly. Sometimes it’s every 2 hours, sometimes it makes it to 4 hours without shutting off. All timers for tv and xumo box are set to the off position, so I’m not understanding why this is happening!

• James_M
    Options

@Kru

Hi & welcome!

What happens right before the Xumo shuts off? What troubleshooting have you tried already?

• Kru
    Options

To be honest, I haven’t really tried anything, besides getting another box. Nothing happens before it shuts off

• Tophercardona
    Tophercardona Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

this new xumo thing is a waste. I got one a few days ago and not once did it ever work. The spectrum app will not open at all. I tried to factory reset, not it says "I’m currently experiencing limited service. We’re working hard to fix the problem”. At this point if u would send me a Roku box instead of this xumo thing I’d be happy cuz I have no problems with Roku at all. Should’ve sold Roku boxes from the start and not this xumo garbage and you’d save everyone the headache. Also whatever sales representative sold me this thing, curse you lol.

• James_M
    Options

@Kru

Can you try resetting the Xumo and let us know if the timer issue continues? Thanks!

• James_M
    Options

@Tophercardona

Sorry for any poor experience. Did you purchase the Xumo from Spectrum or a retailer, or do you rent it from us?

• Kru
    Options
  • wwaters1
    wwaters1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I tried changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and I still got the same error code...I'm sending my boxes back. I do not recommend anyone get the Xumo box unless you got a Spectrum router I guess that's the only for sure fix. Very disappointing. I was trying to cut my bills and keep some features being as I'm on disability but I digress. Hope y'all have better luck.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hello @wwaters1

Welcome to our community. Do you happen to be using a Netgear router?

• Ryan_m_7
    Ryan_m_7 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am having the exact same issues as above. I am using a net gear router. Very frustrating. I am ready to send mine back and hook up my Roku.

• Sparrow
    Sparrow Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I was having problems with the spectrum app not working too. Solution? Go into Xumo box and refresh your apps. Now back on

• comer45638
    comer45638 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I ordered the Xumo a couple of days ago. I have Spectrum internet but not tv. I’ve tried for two days to get programming on Spectrum to no avail. I’ve talked to support. Tried to order online. Nothing. Everything else works fine. Totally ridiculous

4632304135 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I had this problem until I used the Spectrum remote to turn on the TV. Haven't had a problem since.

• BrentR
    BrentR Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

When turning on the TV and the Xumo box, the Spectrum app will not start.

It shows as a black screen. you can select it, but all I get is a black screen. The Home button will take me out and other apps will work but no Spectrum TV. Only way to fix has been to unplug the Xumo box and hard reboot. What am I doing wrong?

This discussion has been closed.