Need Clarity: Voicemail Main Menu?

Options
ds45678
ds45678 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited January 4 in Spectrum Mobile

My bro alerted me thatw hen he leaves me a message on my iPhone14 Pro Spectrum Mobile number he doesn't have the option to keypress or wait to bring up message options menu to Review, Delete, or Send message. I have contacted Spectrum Mobile and Apple. Apple said my cellular service provider implements that feature, and Spectrum Mobile after many calls told me Spectrum Mobile doesn't support those features. Does Spectrum Mobile really not support message options?

Best Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,729 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi & Welcome to Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with iPhone voicemail. Our mobile team would have the most current information and is best able to answer this type of question.

Please reach out to our Mobile team directly for assistance, they can be reached at 1-833-224-6603.

• ds45678
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was told the message options feature was not implemented by calling that number.

Answers

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Posts: 32 Contributor
    Options

Are you certain your voicemail is set-up properly, with a password and a personal greeting? Mine works just as you said you needed, "when you finish recording, press 1 for options" and then you can Review (listen to) the message, your can Delete and start over, you can Continue recording where you left off, or you can Send it as is. Then when you want to Send it, you have another option to send with normal priority or Urgent priority.

If yours doesn't work this way, yes you should call mobile support for help.

Or maybe your bro is lying to you, or otherwise ignored the voicemail prompt "for options after you've left your message, press 1".

• ds45678
    Options

TomUpNorth, are talking about leaving a voicemail in Spectrum Home or Spectrum Mobile? I tested my Spectrum Mobile from my home phone and could not bring up message menu. Spectrum Mobile help verified that. I may switch to Verizon.

• TomUpNorth
    edited November 2023
    Options

We have Spectrum Mobile, and iPhone 8 devices. When I read yr post I tested it by using Wife's iPhone to call My iPhone and after it rang a bunch of times it answered with my Custom Message and then the female voice prompt about "when you're finished recording, dial 1 for Options" and it all works as I said above.

FWIW we have the super-cheap 1GB of Mobile Data service that one gets when you have Spectrum Internet. Fourteen bucks per phone. Includes even Hotspot capability.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 718 Contributor
    edited November 2023
    Options

I think what Spectrum Mobile is saying is that calls from non-Spectrum Mobile-connected phones that get transferred into Spectrum Mobile voicemail don't get the Spectrum Mobile subscriber options. When you get transferred into your own provider's voicemail system with your provider-connected mobile phone, it's not entirely different than directly dialing into it.

• TomUpNorth
    Options

Hmmm I'd not thought of that. I will call myself next time I'm with a friend who has a different phone service.

This discussion has been closed.