Why can’t I playback anything on iCloud dvr thru Xumo?

Options
AJ3216
AJ3216 Posts: 5 Spectator

Our community just switched to Spectrum February 1 and we haven’t been able to playback anything on our iCloud dvr thru Xumo in almost a month. Does anyone know what is actually going on or if they’ll ever fix it???

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,716 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi & welcome!

Are you seeing completed recordings in the Library tab? What device(s) are you using?

• AJ3216
    Options

yes and I’ve called spectrum 6 times about this and they’re not giving us an eta on fixing it. They’re just saying it’s a nationwide problem. So I’m just wondering if that’s true and if others are having this problem

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

There is a known issue with our cDVR causing intermittent recording and playback failure, but if you haven't been able to use it at all there must be something else going on. I was able to locate your account with your community registration and I do see your Xumos reporting bitrate drops which could cause problems. Are you having any problems watching live TV on your Xumo, or is it just recordings? Do you have any devices like mobile phones you can use to test while close to the router?

• AJ3216
    Options

We are not able to watch ANYTHING on our cloud dvr. It’s not intermittent. Its a NEVER playback ANYTHING problem

• James_M
    Options

Looks like you are using Xumo and Roku. Are you able to access recordings on Roku or a different device?

• AJ3216
    Options

We bought 2 Rokus to see if we can watch on there instead of the 2 Xumos that Spectrum gave us. But we can’t watch on the Rokus or the Xumo’s.

• James_M
    Options

Do you have a different device, maybe a laptop, smart phone or a tablet that you can use to launch the app and test to see if you can watch DVR content?

• AJ3216
    Options

Just tried on my iPhone. Doesn’t work. Must be a coding issue on our account

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. Looks like when you called in, this was escalated and investigated and it was determined that this issue is part of a known issue with CDVR. Unfortunately, there is not a timeframe for a fix, but our engineers are working to restor the service as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience.