Caller id restricted

Options
Kirch5
Kirch5 Posts: 2 Spectator

Last week my s21 with Spectrum changed from showing my name to restricted when calling other phones. How can we get our name to show on caller id?

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Kirch5

Welcome to our community! If you call in to our mobile team at 833-224-6603 the caller ID can be updated, though it would say "Wireless Caller" rather than your name.

Answers

• Kirch5
    Kirch5 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Thanks Renee, will do at least the wireless caller, over restricted.

But the question is, why has it always been caller name, for 2 years, and it changed to restricted last week?

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

There can be a few reasons, but the most common is when the phone number is ported from a different provider and the caller ID information caches from them. It can take a surprisingly long time for the info to update, especially if you're using the same phone.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

If i understand you correctly, you are experiencing the rare but not unheard of contemporaneous idiosyncrasy where your caller id. name but not phone number is literally flagged as "restricted" as in "anonymous" as in "private," most likely by your originating carrier although possibly rather by recipients' end-relay carrier. Either way, hopefully just a contemporaneous caller id. name database shakeup but if it's happening when you call other Spectrum Mobile phones or even VZW mobile phones, there's no doubt that you should contact Spectrum Mobile support at the toll-free number aforementioned by Renée and report it.