Why is my dvr saying it’s 99% full and deleting programs?

Options
Canesman
Canesman Posts: 2 Spectator

I currently have one 2hr movie on my dvr. Recorded a 3 hr sports event and it deleted the unwatched movie. Why is it saying 99% full and I only have a 3hr program on it? Unplugging and resetting did nothing to fix the issue

Tagged:

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

Hi Canesman,

Welcome to the Community! Sometimes if you had a lot of content on the DVR, it can take several hours for the content percentage to drop if you deleted a lot of shows. However, if the only thing you have on the DVR is a two-hour sports show and a three hour sports event, you should have a storage space of only about 5%,, nowhere near 99%

I would unplug the box tonight when you go to bed. Try a reboot in the morning. If it is still at 99%, wait for about five hours for the percentage to drop. If it doesn't, or if it does, and gets like this again, your box is bad and should be swapped out. How long have you had this box?

Satch

• Canesman
    Canesman Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I have nothing on there now and had tried all those options. Both of my receivers are like this so obviously just more spectrum junk equipment. Not surprised. They don’t care much about rural customers. Wish I had an option to switch.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

Thanks for the new information,

If both receivers are like this, contact Spectrum and let them know that you have two boxes with the same problem. Having two boxes with this issue at the same time is very very rare. You need a service call. I am suspecting there was a software update pushed to your equipment and it messed up things. How long have you had these boxes? The new ones are 4 tuner models with 100 hours of HD storage and 1TB of space. When did this start?

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

Stupid question: how long have you had these boxes and does your monthly billing statement account for the DVR Service charge line item for them?