Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Holy god..getting a new cable control is like doing quantum mechanics all over

Thomas222
Thomas222 Posts: 41 Contributor

Had to return a handset for the TV and get a new one .. the instructions were longer than most of my college text books, and none of it worked… I had to FK with it for 2.5 hours to get the box and tv to recognize the remote and allow me to actually change a channel. There is absolutely no way anyone that doesn't have a tech background can do this. I can tell this garbage is all outsourced to India or China. I am extremely PO'd.

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Hi Thomas,

What is the model of the cable remote control they gave you? All Spectrum remotes have Quick Set up modes. What's your brand of TV? Here is a list of remotes with easier instructions from Spectrum's database:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/program-your-remote (Programing your remote.)

Satch

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 563 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @Thomas222

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you experienced the difficulty getting things set up. I will forward your comments to our engineers for consideration with future improvements to our equipment. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. - Lyn