Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Unblocking blocked IP on Charter/Spectrum email servers

Fisherman
Fisherman Posts: 137 Contributor
edited October 18 in Email

How can I get the IP from my web page host unblocked from Charter/Spectrum email servers?
I have tried putting the domains into the Safe Senders list on webmail settings and have made at least 5 calls over the last week to Spectrum concerning this issue with no result yet.
Please help!

Comments

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @Fisherman

Will you please clarify if this is a web page or email that is being blocked? Are you getting an error or bounceback message?

• Fisherman

It is email from my web page host that is getting blocked. Yes I get both error and bounceback messages.
    The error is AU 1000.
    I have tried to correct this on 5 different calls to Spectrum support with no luck so far.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

Just curious which SMTP error number is cited before the AUP error code 1000 in the rejection bounceback fault dialog. E.g. 554 or what? In any case, according to the explanation of AUP error code 1000, the subject IP address is temporarily in the cooler. You may be able to get a feel for the cool-off timeout cycle heuristics as time goes by.

I take the generic nature of AUP 1000 to imply a combination of multiple other, more specific AUP faults listed. I furthermore take it that free personal ISP SMTP is bound to be less than ideal for the volumetrics that tend to be the rationale for having an email server in the first place.

🔗 https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes

🔗 https://emaillistvalidation.com/blog/email-bounce-554/

• Fisherman

554 p-impin002.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp

This discussion has been closed.