Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Scheduling future recordings using XUMO / Cloud DVR

mnappi
mnappi Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just purchased a XUMO and added the Cloud DVR service. It is straightforward enough to record a live program. But I do not see a way to schedule a recording in the future. I would expect to be able to browse the Guide, find a football game for say, tomorrow, and set that game to record. But when I click on a program in the future I do not see any record options. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

• Mike

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited September 11

Hello Mike. Welcome!

Is there an option to record other shows on your XUMO like a TV series? Or can't you record anything at all?

Try this:

Recording Options:

1. While watching live TV press UP on the remote and select Record.
      • This will record the single episode / movie you are watching.
    2. While watching live tv press UP on the remote and select More Info. From the program information page choose Record. This will give you the option to Record Series or Record Episode (These options will not show up for movies).
    3. While browsing On Demand content you can choose Record from the program information page.This will give you the option to Record Series or Record Episode (These options will not show up for movies).

Search

Search for your favorite title, actor, network or sports team by navigating to Search from the Main Menu.

Go to the Main Menu and select Search. 

You can search for content by entering a show or movie title, actors name or sports team. 

You can also search using Dictation

• Press and hold the microphone button on your remote and say your search term and then let go of the microphone button to see your results. Search terms can be either a title, network or team. For example, say “ABC” or “The Bachelor.”

Satch

PS. If you still can not record using the above options, please post back what you see when you try them.

• Seetv247
    Seetv247 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Is there a way to jump ahead to future dates in guide when setting cloud dvr recordings? Using the options button as suggested doesn’t work to bring up that option.

• Jilliana_M
    Jilliana_M Posts: 23 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hey @Seetv247!

Unfortunately, there is not an option to jump to a future date to schedule a recording. You would have to search for the episodes in the guide. You can search the guide a max of up to four weeks out from today's date.