Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Reboot - DEFAULT pop-up channel

Jdress4360
Jdress4360 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 18 in TV Equipment

Hello,

For the past 2 months there's been an issue with my "old" cable DVR box causing me to reboot 4 times. Each time after reboot I'm noticing what seems to be a DEFAULT channel set on WCLF channel 10 Christian News Channel.

No offense to anyone, but I really don't like being FORCED to this channel. We live in a free country and I don't have the freedom to make my own choice on this but matter what I've tried to change this. This channel (10) had never been an intentional choice for me to go there, and it's not in my FAVORITES either, which I also have selected in me viewing guide so there's NO REASON whatsoever for channel 10 to even show up unless SPECTRUM has programmed it that way.

In sum, I would like to see Spectrum change this as I feel it's an imposition on my rights - I do not like seeing this channel come up periodically when I've never been to that channel by choice. Incidentally, this channel (10) comes up intermittently not only after reboot, but I don't know for sure why it comes up at the other times - it just does.

Can anyone offer any insights on this, or can this "issue/question" be raised to the administration at Spectrum, maybe? I've tried to talk to the CSR people during my calls in tech problems, but they had nothing to offer me so I thought I'd come here for that.

Best,

Joel

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi & welcome!

Sorry for any issues or poor experience. The startup channel will typically default to the local Spectrum news channel, until it is changed. It sounds like you have a failing hard drive. We can try sending some refresh signals to the cable box to see if that works, otherwise you will probably need to replace the box with a new one.

Let us know if you would like to try the refresh signals.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.