Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Spectrum TV app locks up sometimes after commercial breaks

I'm having an intermittent problem where the TV app locks up (spinning) after a commercial break. The only way I've found to get out of it is to reboot the Apple TV and then start the Spectrum TV app again.

Best Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @RykGroff

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with our app. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app already?

• RykGroff
    RykGroff Posts: 26 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Yes. And this happened after the latest update to the app.

• Katrina_L
    Katrina_L Posts: 21 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

We do understand, you can also try to unplug the modem for about 30 seconds to see if that resolves the issue.

• RykGroff
    Answer ✓

Thanks, Katrina! I'll give that a try.

Answers

• RykGroff

Nope. It just happened again just now. And I think it happens mostly after a Spectrum commercial. The only solution is to close the app, restart the Apple TV, and launch the app again.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you for trying that reboot. Do you use the app on any other devices? If so, do you notice the same freezing issue after the commercials on that other device as well?

• RykGroff

No, just the Apple TV.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 27

Can you check your Apple TV for updates?

1. Go to Settings  on Apple TV.
    2. If an update is available, a message appears.
    3. Select Download and Install to start downloading.

Do you have any other devices you can use for temporarily for testing, even if you don't intend to use the app on them regularly, like a smart phone, tablet, or computer? If so, please try the app and try a speed test on them by going to https://www.spectrum.com/internet/speed-test

• RykGroff

The Apple TV just updated the other day, and I was having this problem before that occurred. I suppose I could try it out on my phone, but since the problem is sporadic, I doubt I'd be able to watch long enough for it to happen. This has never happened with earlier versions of the Spectrum TV app.

• William_M

How far away is the Apple TV from your router? Can you use your phone to run a speedtest near where the Apple TV is and again right next to the router?

• RykGroff

The router is 3 feet from the Apple TV. Speedtest shows 276 download, 11 upload.

• William_M

Okay. It would definitely be helpful if you are able to test this on your phone to see if it has the same issue. If you're not able to recreate the issue on your phone, the next thing I'd recommend trying is a factory reset of the Apple TV.