Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

reset an @maine.rr.com email password

SigOris
SigOris Posts: 3 Spectator
edited October 23 in Email

long story short, upgraded to iOS 18 and in the transition my password didn't make it so I cant retrieve my @maine.rr.com emails.

I've tried the ' forgot my password ' but that email and my current MAC are not in agreement.

I opened this email account several homes and modems ago

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @SigOris

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with resetting the email password. I was able to locate the account using your community registration and it looks like the email was associated with an old account and would require an account takeover so we can transfer it over to the current account. If you have any questions about that process or encounter any issues, definitely let us know!

Answers

• SigOris

Thanks for the fast reply.

So how do I do this " account takeover " ?

Thanks in advance.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Looks like the instructions for account takeover were sent to your ***@me.com email after you recently contacted support about this question.

If you did not receive the instructions, or if you have additional questions, let us know.

• SigOris

the e-mail finally arrived and I provided I hope the required info

This discussion has been closed.