Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Flashes of White Pixelation Watching Sopranos Marathon

Nexus
Nexus Posts: 19 Participant
edited October 14 in TV Equipment

I am experiencing a bothersome new issue this weekend watching the Sopranos marathon on HBO. I use the typical Samsung box and have already tried the unplug box "fix-all." It is happening about 2-3 times per hour. A white pixilated screen will flash for about 1-2 seconds than go back to normal.

I have not experienced this before. I checked all connections/cables and everything is firm and in place. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am in West Los Angeles. Not sure what to do about it?

Thanks!

Answers

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 497 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Nexus

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing picture quality issues, I'm happy to help! Is this happening on any other channels?

• Nexus

Will post a response tomorrow as Sopranos marathon is pretty rare these days so we won't be on other channels today when watching. Work tomorrow with news on all day so will see if CNN displays this issue.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 497 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Okay, please let us know. We'd like to determine whether this is a general service issue or if the issue is specific to that programming.

• Nexus

Confirmed it's not happening on CNN, so that seems to rule out local issues like bad cable or weak signal coming into home. Can try another premium channel later and rule that out. Maybe it is specific to HBO broadcasting issue (?).

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Keep us posted,

Put a watch on this for 1-2 days and post back at that time. Sometimes issues like this have a way of clearing up on there own.

Satch

• Nexus

Still occurring on different HBO channel so not related to Soprano's broadcast. Watching new Penguin episode. Situation is getting old fast.

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 563 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted on this. I am very sorry that this is still happening. I would recommend checking all the connections to the box and TV to make sure they are secure and tight. If this does not help out, we will need to consider a home visit. If you would like we can get this set up for you. Please let us know. -Lyn

• Nexus

You would see in my original post that I already did all of those prereqs before posting. Insofar as home visits, we're not there yet. I will call CS in the morning, explain what's been happening, have them test the signal strength, and then decide on next steps. We still need to figure out if this is happening only on HBO channels, or HBO and other prems like Showtime or Starz, or if it is happening on all channels. I am paying a lot (too much) for Spectrum services and won't accept being charged for a visit to fix a service that shouldn't be acting up over an entire weekend. So if we deem that visit necessary, it will be completely on Spectrum's dime.

I will post back tomorrow with findings from CS. Thanks.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited September 30

You would see in my original post that I already did all of those prereqs before posting. Insofar as home visits, we're not there yet. I will call CS in the morning, explain what's been happening, have them test the signal strength, and then decide on next steps. We still need to figure out if this is happening only on HBO channels, or HBO and other prems like Showtime or Starz, or if it is happening on all channels. I am paying a lot (too much) for Spectrum services and won't accept being charged for a visit to fix a service that shouldn't be acting up over an entire weekend. So if we deem that visit necessary, it will be completely on Spectrum's dime.

I will post back tomorrow with findings from CS. Thanks.

Good Evening, @Nexus

Thank you for the update. Just to add a note that all service calls that relate to Spectrum's equipment, signals, lines, or network, are free. There is no charge. If a tech visits, tune to the HBO channel that is breaking up, I am suspecting a signal or line issue.

Satch

• Nexus

Thanks Satch — Wow, you're a long timer here as I recognize your user name from several years ago. So CS could not diagnose the issue and is sending someone here on Wednesday. I will provide one more update here thereafter just in case someone else has this issue and sees this post. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.