Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

e-mail security alert?

barb_siddiqui
barb_siddiqui Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 23 in Email

Received an e-mail from <MyAccount@spectrumemails.com> stating a device using my network had been infected by malicious malware, and to go though several complicated steps to resolve the issue, with a link to a 'Spectrum anti-bot scanner' at Spectrum.net/security. Is this a scam e-mail? I see no mention of such a breach of accounts on your website.

Best Answer

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @barb_siddiqui;

Welcome to the Community Forums. I do understand the concern about the message being a scam. I can confirm that a notification of this nature was sent to you. One of your devices is likely infected with a virus or a spyware program that is causing activity on your network. I would recommend you follow the instructions or use another virus scanner program to remove the virus from your device. You can visit the following site for information on our Bot Scanner: https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/antibot-scanner

This discussion has been closed.