Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Viewing a Live Recording Stops When Show Ends

If you restart a live show to watch while it's recording, it automatically goes back to the beginning of the recorded show when the recording stops. It doesn't let you continue watching and you have to fast forward back to the point you were at to finish watching. Is this a known issue that's being fixed?

Best Answers

• Katrina_L
    Katrina_L Posts: 21 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good morning, @blackbutterfly. Thank you for your feedback in regard to watching a live show when they are recording.

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 129 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

@blackbutterfly

In testing, we did not experience this issue when viewing a recording of a program in progress. Viewing the recording while the program was still airing, it did not start over when the program reached it's end time, but kept playing. Exiting the recording and resuming also started off where the recording was last viewed.

To ensure I have your process correct, you have a program set to record and begin viewing that recording from the start while that program is still airing? When the air time of the program ends, and the recording period finishes, it sends you back to the start of the program while viewing and has no resume option? To note just in case - if you're selecting the program and see a "start over" message that you're selecting, this would be different as it's not the recording playing, but essentially an on demand version.

If that is the case, since we weren't able to reproduce that issue, can you please reboot both the Xumo device as well as internet equipment by removing the power from the modem, router and Xumo, as well as coaxial cable from the modem for at least 30 seconds? Can you also provide the show that was being recorded in case further testing is needed specific to that program?

Answers

• blackbutterfly
    blackbutterfly Posts: 40 Contributor

Just a note that the actual recording doesn't stop until about 3 or 4 minutes after the show ends. Also, the stopping and starting over from the beginning may not happen until you try to fast forward the recording to skip commercials. I paid more attention after my CBS Mornings recording this morning. It may be happening on rewind also, but I can't remember exactly. Would you re-test with these points in mind? I have no problem like this using my Roku.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

The modem associated with the account has been online for 28 days. Please restart the modem and restart the Xumo and let us know if the issue continues. Thanks!

• blackbutterfly

I unplugged everything (modem. route, xumo) including the coaxial cord to the modem and restarted. I still have the same issue after recording and then viewing the Sherri show. The recording jumped back to the beginning after fast forwarding after the recording finished (about 7 minuts after).

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 129 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you for confirming the steps you took, adding in trying to fast forward the program before exiting and resuming, I was able to see the same thing occur. Aside from the Roku you said was not having this issue, did you see it happen on any other devices?

For the moment, once the program has ended and recording is complete, can you pause and exit viewing the recording and then resume viewing and see if you can fast forward normally?

• blackbutterfly

The Xumo and Roku are the only devices I use for Spectrum TV, so I don't know about any others. And when recording has completed and it's started over, I can still pause and fast forward to the point where I stopped viewing. I checked and this happens when you rewind after the recording ends also. Thanks for taking the time to verify what's happening.

• blackbutterfly

There's also an issue where the recordings list under My Library doesn't update to show a recent recording until you do View DVR and then back out. Just wondering if this can be fixed also.