Didn't find what you were looking for?


We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

A note regarding upgrades and Network Evolution:


Customers will be notified by their preferred communication method (email or text) when upgrades are available in their area
We expect 100% of our service area to be completed by end of next year

Thunderbird is my email client and it is not connecting consistently with Spectrum server.

cunnpet01
cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

Answers

  • Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 1,112 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

    Welcome to our community! At this time there is a known issue with third party email clients, such as Thunderbird, and our legacy email addresses. Our engineers are aware and working on a fix, there is currently no ETA for the issue to be resolved.

  • glennat
    glennat Posts: 1 Rookie

    No ETA is not an acceptable answer. I use 3 different computers and a phone to access my charter email. Webmail is not useful, so need these options. Thunderbird is working partially on 2 computers, not at all on the other. This has been happening for a month and I am paying my bills on time, but unable to use email. Please fix this!

  • cunnpet01
    cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

    Also having the same problem with Thunderbird connecting with the Spectrum server. It will work for a couple of days, then fail again. This has been incredibly frustrating as I rely on the Thunderbird email client to store and organize my correspondence.

  • cunnpet01
    cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

    Wish there was an explanation for why it is taking Spectrum engineers so long to resolve the connectivity issues with Thunderbird email clients. Mine was working briefly yesterday, but is down again this morning. Spectrum email is not an adequate substitute and the text in the body of some of those emails is gibberish and unreadable. Please resolve this issue permanently ASAP. Thanks

  • baradaniko
    baradaniko Posts: 6 Novice

    I'm also dealing with this problem. Additionally, GMail access is also affected. I've since discovered that the problem may have something to do with wifi access. I found that when the email servers time out (on my phone), I can switch to 5G and the email will populate. I'm not sure why, and it doesn't always work, but, it seems like a work around.

    Is anyone else receiving email without the "body" of the text?

  • cunnpet01
    cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

    I'm using Thunderbird on my desk top, so I did not suspect an issue with server connectivity since my computer is wired directly to the router and internet works fine. I have also received emails without the body of the text appearing.

  • cunnpet01
    cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

    Question for Renee_T. Is there any projected date for resolution of the Thunderbird email client issue? Thanks

  • john_d86
    john_d86 Posts: 1 Rookie

    Same issue for me. My email access has been very intermittent for the last month. It will work for 6 hours every other day or so. This is only a problem when I'm on my home Spectrum network. If I'm away or hotspot at home to my cellphone, everything works fine. I have very old Charter email accounts (20+ years) and they are a mess when I look at them in Settings/People. Is there any way to get a script run against them to clean them up?

  • cunnpet01
    cunnpet01 Posts: 6 Novice

    Thunderbird started working again this morning, 9/21. Whatever tweak was done by the Spectrum engineers seems to have fixed the issue. Keeping fingers crossed that it lasts!