You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

BBC America sound cuts out

cxanders
cxanders Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've noticed this year that BBC America channel audio cuts out every couple of seconds or so and makes watching any program very difficult - especially a drama, i.e. Dr. Who or even Seven Worlds. It is the ONLY channel that exhibits this behavior and as such, cannot be attributed to the equipment, my TV or cabeling. Hasn't anyone else noticed this most annoying channel behavior? My only recourse is to not watch that channel - so be on notice advertisers, anything on that channel will probably get deminished returns.

Comments

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

Hello. 

Are you experiencing this via stream or through cable box? Both?

Audio issues are normally a feed issue or a signal issue to the equipment. 

If this has been going on for a year I would have to say this is not a feed issue.

We encourage you to contact support directly.

A few things you can do in the meantime to help determine the issue would be to check streaming if you are experiencing this via the cable box. That would point to the signal issue also. Do you have multiple boxes? If so do you experience this on multiple boxes? 

I would also encourage you to check the coaxial connections. Make sure they are VERY tight. Just slightly tighter than finger tight. (please do not over tighten them with tools) Are you using a splitter? If so how does that look? Shiny, corroded? Are there any severe bends in the coaxial? Any staples or anything that may have slightly pierced the coax? 

Julia R

• Jmor
    Jmor Posts: 1

I have exactly the same problem.  Dr. Who so bad I've quit watching it, and Seven Worlds narration choppy and distracting.  Julia's suggestions did not apply -- this is not a problem on any other channel.

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

If there is ingress on the line it absolutely can cause an issue with a single channel. That being said if you are not experiencing issues on all or most of the programming on that channel that is likely not the issue. Are you having this issue on multiple boxes?

We encourage you to contact Social Media Customer Service via PM /DM on 

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum/) or on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum).  

Julia R

• grinnin
    grinnin Posts: 1

Same here. Dr. Who is very annoying. One box. All the other channels fine

• Fendy
    Fendy Posts: 1

I have the same problem. It happens daily on BBC America, but it also happens occasionally on other channels. Tonite it's CBS KENS channel 5. Pixillation and stuttering making it nearly impossible to watch. It's been going on for 3 or 4 hours.

• ezride24
    ezride24 Posts: 1
    I have this problem also.Only on BBC America broadcast of program.Not the commercials,they don't stutter at all!
  • Mindie
    Mindie Posts: 1
    We’ve had the exact same problem for at least a year. We can’t watch anything on BBC America- the sound cutting out every couple of seconds makes it impossible. It’s not an equipment problem, as the commercials are perfectly clear. It’s only the programming that cuts out. It’s only this channel. Somebody PLEASE fix this!
  • MD36
    MD36 Posts: 1
    Also happens to us on AMC and Sundance. Only during movies/shows and not during commercials. Please help. They are unwatchable!
  • marknone
    marknone Posts: 1

Have had, and continue to have same issue here in Manhattan Beach CA, AMC, BBC, Sundance.    Very annoying during the programming, don't hear it on commercials.  No other channels have this issue.   I've tried everything with my surround sound settings, went to optical cable from box to surround sound receiver, etc.   I found only one thing that works, proving it's Spectrum's issue:   On the spectrum box, devices menu, you have to select "stereo" for the audio coding format.   This of course takes away surround sound, but no audio skips happen.   Then you have to reset it to either HDMI or Dolby digital for other channels.    Selecting stereo mode on the surround receiver does not work!   So, the common denominator is Spectrum!

• Notedmom
    Notedmom Posts: 1

I have the same problem.  Only on BBC America, and only during programming.  Never during commercials.  From the looks of these complaints, it appears Spectrum either doesn't know how to fix it, or more likely, they don't care enough to fix it.  That's sad considering what this very poor service costs every month

• cb_2367
    cb_2367 Posts: 83 Contributor
    I'm having this issue on multiple channels. I've had all new lines run from the outside into my apartment. I've called this into support multiple times and every tech that comes out can't find anything wrong. I'm about to cancel if this doesn't improve.
This discussion has been closed.