You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum201 box: how to delete a series set to record new episodes only when series no longer airs?

pjs32000
pjs32000 Posts: 5 Spectator

I've got a legacy series that I had set to record new episodes only.  The series has run its course, new episodes are no longer being made.  The series is still visible in my DVR prioritization list.  There are no recorded episodes saved on my DVR and there are no future episodes currently scheduled.  There never will be a new episode scheduled to be recorded because new episodes of the show have ceased to exist.  How can I permanently delete this from the ever growing list of series that appear in recording priority list?

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

@pjs32000 wrote:

I've got a legacy series that I had set to record new episodes only.  The series has run its course, new episodes are no longer being made.  The series is still visible in my DVR prioritization list.  There are no recorded episodes saved on my DVR and there are no future episodes currently scheduled.  There never will be a new episode scheduled to be recorded because new episodes of the show have ceased to exist.  How can I permanently delete this from the ever growing list of series that appear in recording priority list?

Hello,

Unless there has been an update to the New Spectrum Guide software on World Boxes, shockingly, it has been discovered that the only way to delete a series is if the guide can find at least one new episode of the series.  This is a huge bug with the new guide, and if there has been a fix for this, someone will hopefully reply with the steps, because I have been asked about this frequently.

Are you able to go in and delete individually recorded episodes?  Those should delete.  But unless something has changed, you can't remove the series itself unless there is at least one active episode in the guide.  Have there been any updates on this?

This solution worked for some, but not for others:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Can-t-delete-future-quot-SERIES-quot-recordings/m-p/159497

A quick shortcut is needed for this. Very badly!

Satch

• pjs32000

Thanks, this seems like a pretty huge miss.  Over time the priority list will become meaningless as more and more series that customers record go off the air.  This new box isn't very impressive.  I also noticed that in the settings there are options to adjust the front panel display between channel # or clock, but neither works and the display is essentially turned off.  There are some other weird glitches as well.  For a box that's been around for a while I'm surprised these sort of issues are still present.

• Jxrdan5
    Jxrdan5 Posts: 1 Newcomer

If you still have the old backlit remote, go to the series you want to delete and press the C button

• JuliaMS
    JuliaMS Posts: 2 Newcomer

Same Problem. Show canceled so will never show up in "Scheduled" or on the guide. I moved them to the bottom of the priority list until they get a fix but I assume at some point I will get a message that I can't add any more series.

• pjs32000

I do not have the remote from the old box so I cannot try the "C" button as suggested.

My understanding is that these boxes have been in use for years now, so I'm not expecting a fix from Spectrum.  I'm really surprised at the poor experience on these boxes for something that isn't new hardware.  There are numerous features that should be improved, this is pretty poor on Spectrum's part.  Here are just a few of the box functions I've noticed that are missing and should be included, and have been included in the past.

- Can't delete or edit series recording preferences from priority list if show is no longer airing, will appear here forever.

- Settings show ability to put clock or channel number on box LED display, but box doesn't show either and will not have this function per Spectrum techs.  Why is it in the settings then?

- No button to return to live TV after rewiding briefly, have to manually fast forward until catching back up to real time.

- No way to jump back to current date/time when browing guide, have to scroll back manually or close and re-open guide.

- No way to hold fast forward down to skp ahead in DVR recordings by 10 minute chunks

- Progress bar disappears from screen after a brief time even when a show is actively being fast forwarded or rewound.

These are all really simple things and basic user experience functions.  This new Spectrum equipment seriously misses the mark.

This discussion has been closed.