You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Phillips RC122 Remote Control

rizzy14
rizzy14 Posts: 2

I need to know where the Input Source button is on this remote control so that I can change my TV back to HDMI. There is nothing on this remote that says Source or input. I do have a Video/Source but the input source list does not come up when I press it.

Thanks for your help

rizzy14

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,300 Contributor

@rizzy14 wrote:

I need to know where the Input Source button is on this remote control so that I can change my TV back to HDMI. There is nothing on this remote that says Source or input. I do have a Video/Source but the input source list does not come up when I press it.

Thanks for your help

rizzy14

Hello,

Do you use the remote to control the Volume on your TV? (TV volume, not cable box volume?)  I actually went to the online manual for the Philips 122 remote and it does not say anything on how to program the remote Video Source Button.

Here is the manual in RTF format:

https://d15yx0mnc9teae.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/sup_remote-manual_philips-rc122-twc.pdf

I will be asking around for an answer to this.  It SEEMS that if you can control the TV/Mute volume using your Spectrum Remote control. (You have the correct codes for your TV to control the volume and mute on your TV with your Spectrum remote.) If you have the codes for your TV volume and mute buttons programed, the Video Source button should be recognizing your code from the TV.

Two questions:

1.) What is the make and model of the TV?

2.) Has this problem always existed with this remote?

Satch

• rizzy14
    rizzy14 Posts: 2

My question has nothing to do with the Mute/TV.

I just need to know where the Input/Source button is so I can go back to  HDMI instead of being on Ch 03.

Thanks, 

Rizzo

• Satch

@rizzy14 wrote:

My question has nothing to do with the Mute/TV.

I just need to know where the Input/Source button is so I can go back to  HDMI instead of being on Ch 03.

Thanks, 

Rizzo

This should help!

The Video Source button on the bottom lower-left of the remote IS the same as the Input Select Button. Assuming that you have the codes for your TV programed in to your Spectrum Remote for TV on/off Mute, you need them for the Video Source (Input Select) button to work.

1.) To use the Input Select button, you will need to have the correct codes for your TV On/Off programed into this or any other CATV remote.

2.)The next thing that you need to do is before hitting the Video Source (input Select) button  is you MUST press the TV button on your remote first. (Not the Power or System button, just the TV button.)

OP's remote video source button for his remote model, is on the bottom lower left side, This also controls the Input Selection for what you want your TV to do,  Remember that it must be set to CATV or STB in order for a cable picture to show.

Quick Instructions for Controlling Video Source (TV Input) Button

1.) With TV on and TV codes programed into remote, press the cable remote TV button.

2.) Press the Video Source (Input Select) button (on lower left side.)

3.) The TV Selection Input Screen from your TV Menu SHOULD show on screen.

4.) Press The Video Source button until you get to the Input TV setting that you want. When you want to go back to watching  Cable TV you will have to press the Video Source button to cycle through and get to the setting that will say CABLE TV or CABLE STB After a few seconds, the cable picture will come back.

5.) To get the Video Source/Input Select Menu off your screen, just press your volume up/down button

Important- If you don't have the codes for your TV for on/off MUTE functionality programmed into your CATV remote,  AND you also don't press the TV button first, if the video source button does not work, than the video source button will not work!

This should help!

Annotation 2020-05-22 220922.jpg

Satch

• Satch

Got this from one of my tech guys:

The RC122 is one of the most TV unfriendly remotes out there from personal experience. If possible see if you could get a UR5U-8780 as that has much more compatibility with TV manufacturers.  Above instructions on programing the Video Source/Input Button should still apply with the UR5U-8780 remote.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.