You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

DVR recording in the cloud

JB72
JB72 Posts: 7 Participant

I have moved on from a DVR (machine) to recording into the cloud. But one question comes up ... is it possible to record just one show? Every time I press record, the only option is to record "all" or "new" of the series. I have not seen the option to record only 1 show.

Comments

• karlbeckman
    karlbeckman Posts: 2,285 Contributor

Are you trying to record standard Spectrum cable network programming, on-demand channels, or 3rd party streaming using an app on your Apple TV or phone?  Each of these types is regulated differently by the individual programming providers for each channel.

• JB72
    JB72 Posts: 7 Participant

I start by accessing the Spectrum guide. I find a show I want to record. I click on it to the information page where I find the record button. I click on it and am told I can record a series ( either "all" or "new")

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

Good morning.

I do see that it gives the option to record series. Once you set that up and go to the DVR portion of the site you should see three dots. if you click on that you should get a number of ways you can alter the settings. 

Julia 

• frothy333
    frothy333 Posts: 17 Participant

I was considering dropping my Spectrum DVR receivers to save money and try out the cloud DVR service via the Spectrum App  on Roku.   I was wondering if you would be able to pause and rewind live TV if  you are not recording the program.   Based on  this post, it sounds like that is not possible?  Can you record the show after it starts, rewind, pause etc. then delete it? 

Tryin to determine what I'll be losing if I switch. 

This discussion has been closed.