You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How to Save a Recorded Episode - Error Code GDVR-1006

FranR
FranR Posts: 4

I'm trying to save 1  episode on my DVR until I delete it.  When I try this option it says it can't do it and gives me the code GDVR-1006.  Please help.

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

The error code you are getting is a general authentication error.   Have you tried restarting the DVR? (Unplug from power for 30 seconds, then plug it back in).   Restarting the cable box / DVR usually resolves most issues.  

• FranR

Hi James.  Thank you for your reply. 

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work.  

I also have 2 shows that refuse to be deleted.  I delete them and then the next time I go to my DVR menu they are there again.

Also several times a week when I change the channel it freezes and tells me that channel is not available. however that's not true because I can get it in another room just fine.  In that case I have to reboot the DVR.  It's getting to be annoying.

I have a Spectrum 210 box.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

@FranR wrote:

Hi James.  Thank you for your reply. 

I tried what you suggested and it didn't work.  

I also have 2 shows that refuse to be deleted.  I delete them and then the next time I go to my DVR menu they are there again.

Also several times a week when I change the channel it freezes and tells me that channel is not available. however that's not true because I can get it in another room just fine.  In that case I have to reboot the DVR.  It's getting to be annoying.

I have a Spectrum 210 box.

Good Morning,

There is a bug on Spectrum World Box Receivers (no clock) that run Spectrum Guide, where if a show or series is not in the database, it will not delete from "My Library."  You can delete individual recordings , but the series itself will remain in your Library unless an instance of the show or series is found in the database.

In what city and state are you located?  Give zip code please.  Mods can check for known issues relating to this GDVR-1006 error code. Some questions about the code:

1.) What is the show or series that you are trying to "Save" as a "Do Not Delete" instead of "Save Until Space is Needed?

2.) Give the channel number for the show in question and the call letters please

3.) Does this same problem that you describe in your message happen with other shows and series or just this one show/series? (This is an important question.)

4.) Can you use the box keyboard to search for the show or series that you are trying to keep until deleted?  Report back please.

My thought is that anyone else running a Spectrum Guide 210 box can search for this show and see if they can reproduce the error?

Satch

• FranR

Hi Satch

In what city and state are you located?  Give zip code please.  Mods can check for known issues relating to this GDVR-1006 error code. Some questions about the code:

10314 - Staten Island, NY

1.) What is the show or series that you are trying to "Save" as a "Do Not Delete" instead of "Save Until Space is Needed?

All Elite Wrestling:  Dynamite S2,E4 recorded 1/22 - Channel 3 TNTHD - Series DVR'd 8:00  - 10:00 pm

2.) Give the channel number for the show in question and the call letters please

Channel 3 - TNTHD

3.) Does this same problem that you describe in your message happen with other shows and series or just this one show/series? (This is an important question.)

I just tried with another episode from a Series I DVDR - My Lottery Dream Home recorded 7/3/20 on Channel 51 - HGTV 8:30 pm

4.) Can you use the box keyboard to search for the show or series that you are trying to keep until deleted?  Report back please.

I don't understand what you want me to do?

My thought is that anyone else running a Spectrum Guide 210 box can search for this show and see if they can reproduce the error?

• Satch

@FranR wrote:

Hi Satch

10314 - Staten Island, NY

All Elite Wrestling:  Dynamite S2,E4 recorded 1/22 - Channel 3 TNTHD - Series DVR'd 8:00  - 10:00 pm

Channel 3 - TNTHD

I just tried with another episode from a Series I DVDR - My Lottery Dream Home recorded 7/3/20 on Channel 51 - HGTV 8:30 pm

I don't understand what you want me to do?

Good answers, two things needed:

3.) Did the "My Lotttery Dream Home " series produce the Error Code GDVR-1006 or not?

4.)  I meant when you use the keyboard to do a show search (Search using the on-screen keyboard) is there more than one episode of All Elite Wrestling:  Dynamite S2,E4 recorded 1/22 - Channel 3 TNTHD - Series DVR'd 8:00  - 10:00 pm that shows up. Does a search for just "All Elite Wrestling Show up?" If the program does not show up in the database, this could be another issue with the search listing bug that I described above relating to World Box and Sectrum Guide.

Customers running Spectrum Guide on a World Box Model 210.  Do you get the same error code as  @FranR  gets when setting "All Elite Wrestling:  Dynamite S2,E4 recorded 1/22 - Channel 3 TNTHD - Series DVR'd 8:00  - 10:00 pm" as a "Do Not Delete" or does the program not even show up in your search?

We will see what other customers and staffers report concerning this error message.  Thank you for this updated information.

Satch

• FranR

3.) Did the "My Lotttery Dream Home " series produce the Error Code GDVR-1006 or not?

Yes it did exactly the same thing and I got that code

4.)  I meant when you use the keyboard to do a show search (Search using the on-screen keyboard) is there more than one episode of All Elite Wrestling:  Dynamite S2,E4 recorded 1/22 - Channel 3 TNTHD - Series DVR'd 8:00  - 10:00 pm that shows up. Does a search for just "All Elite Wrestling Show up?" If the program does not show up in the database, this could be another issue with the search listing bug that I described above relating to World Box and Sectrum Guide.

Yes it does show up when I do a search.

I even went one better and tried to edit the series to save until I delete.  It allows me to do it without giving me the error message

• Satch

Hi @FranR ,

If you watch a movie and than delete it, is it correct that you don't get the error code GDVR-1006?

Also, if you DO NOT RECORD a show as a series, but you only set to record 1 episode from the series and you go to delete it, do you get the GDVR-1006 code?

If the answer to both questions is "No", than I think we have the known World Box Spectrum Guide Series bug  where if a seres no longer is in the database it does not delete.   I believe in that case, you would have to delete each series recording episode by episode.  But the series itself will remain in your Library.

We will see what others have to say about this listing data.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.