You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Block all caller ID beginning with letter V

hotdango
hotdango Posts: 2 Spectator

Hello, I keep getting many calls per day all beginning with the letter V (call history below). I have all relevant options turned on in Spectrum VoiceZone including NomoRobo/CallGuard. I just spoke to telephone customer service and they are telling me that there is nothing that can be done and I should call the FCC (which is baloney because FCC is going to ignore my complaint just like Spectrum is trying to do).

Somewhere in Spectrum's system these calls are either coming in with the letter V at the beginning, or that V is being added by Spectrum. In either case, those calls should be blocked at that point. What can be done?

Example call log:

Time / Number

14:41 / V11502105100074

14:09 / V11501390600074

13:33 / V11501032300074

12:35 / V11500044200074

As you can see, this is FOUR CALLS within a TWO HOUR period. For Spectrum to not provide some way to prevent or manage this is absolutely unacceptable.

Please advise.

Best Answer

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our apologies that this is occurring. Do these calls have individual telephone numbers attached to them? If so, have you attempted to block the individual numbers in the call blocking section of Voice Zone?

Unfortunately, there would not be a way to block these calls by what is being presented in the Caller ID. However, if a telephone number is also coming across, there may be a way to block them that way.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited January 2021

Hello,

Get a Twitter account and log into Twitter. Follow the @Ask Spectrum page, and let them know that you have Call Guard turned on, but calls with the letter "V" are not being blocked. Send this information, along with your account number, in a Direct Message, so that they can expedite this. Are other calls not being blocked that should be blocked? Spectrum will need to examine the phone service in relation to your account. The agent who said that "V" calls can not be blocked is very wrong.

Satch

• hotdango
    hotdango Posts: 2 Spectator

@Paul_B -- thanks for your response. There is nothing identifiable as a 10-digit phone number displayed on my caller ID. Even if there was, I assume those numbers would be always different and [a] VoiceZone only allows up to 30 numbers to be blocked, and [b] Spectrum surely doesn't expect me to go in 10+ times a day to manually block these numbers when they are easily identified by the "V" at the beginning ??

@Satch -- re "agent ... is very wrong," I figured that was the case. I'll try your suggested actions. Thanks!

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor

Greetings,

Respectfully, @Paul_B The Nomorobo system was always able to block "V" calls as illustrated by @hotdango opening post. The Call Guard is a new technology for Spectrum, and I like what I see so far! I think it will only get even better with time. But those "V" calls should be getting blocked right out of the box.

@hotdango let us know what Spectrum says on Twitter. Thanks everyone!

Satch

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor
    edited January 2021

Hello!

Please do visit our Phone Spam Feedback page:

Phone Spam Feedback

For more information:

What are robocalls and robotexts?

Julia_R

• Fisherman
    Fisherman Posts: 130 Contributor

I have posted on this thread several times about using the program VZ56K to easily eliminate all of the "V" callers, along with many other call blocking features, such as being able to block an entire prefix (such as 888-234-****) but allow selected numbers within that prefix to still ring thru.

I am not sure if I was violating any rules on the forum, but both posts were quickly deleted without any notification of why or a message from a moderator letting me know the reason.

If a moderator reads this, please let me know why my prior posts were removed.

VZ56K is a free program on Github available for anyone to download. I am just trying to help people out here who are being bombarded with calls from either "V" numbers, or the constantly-changing scammers that call from spoofed numbers within one's local prefix.

This discussion has been closed.