You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cloud DVR Recordings stop and revert back to Recordings Menu

2»

Answers

• Rhyno86
    Rhyno86 Posts: 3 Spectator

@William_M Every show, no matter when we start playing the recording, quits to the selection menu as I stated exactly on the hour and half-hour meaning 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00

@calibroker @berniez1 @gklainer

• soccer_fan99
    soccer_fan99 Posts: 3 Spectator

This is happening on my roku devices also.

This is very evidently a system issue, not an individual user issue. I believe it started to occur after a recent roku update. Every 30 minutes, on the hour and half-hour, the cdvr playback of the recording returns to the list of recordings. After hitting the 'ok' key, the program resumes. Also, when watching live tv on the app, I've noticed that the program banner, with an option to record, appears at the top of the screen. This also occurs on the hour. This is the same banner that appears if you hit the remote's 'up arrow' key.

The two issues may be related.

It's important to note, the cdvr interruption occurs on all playbacks that are active at the top of the hour and at the 30 minute mark, there is nothing wrong with the recordings.

Bottom line, I would conclude that this is a program bug in the app, caused possibly by a recent change to the roku os or api.

FYI - The SiriusXM app on Roku, also had a recent update that had a similar problem where the app exited every 20 minutes or so.

• Rhyno86
    Rhyno86 Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited July 2022

I can also add that it is now kicking out of On Demand movies as well, not just DVR recordings. Same timing as the others, every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour. When we get kicked out of watching a show On Demand, it forces us to restart all the way back to the beginning, requiring us to fast-forward and forces us to rewatch the closest commercial break to the point we were at in the movie which is SUPER frustrating.

This happened to us yesterday while watching A League of Their Own.

• berniez1
    berniez1 Posts: 6 Participant

I can report at least 1 issue is gone. The banner appearing at the top on my screen that came up every 30 minutes at top and bottom of hour has disappeared. New version 7.9 now loaded

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Glad to hear it is working better now! Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.